Kubrikistan

Brainstorming recruitment

Little things can do alot. Which is why I pursued our treaty with TWP.....we get marketing where new nations are spawned that way. Tried to get us to have an ingame embassy with every game created region...again, a new nation notices that list of Embassies. "Hmmm...those must be good regions in order to be listed in the feeder regions, I'll go check out that one called Equilism...." We have double billing in TWP, if you watch or regional happenings over time you'll notice there has been a steady rate of occasional unrecruited arrival, and about half of them are from TWP.

I also mention Equilism periodically when I'm chatting on the GCR RMB's..... it's not adspam, and they are friends, so I can get away with namedropping from time to time. And I started distributing WTF News to help too (though I was hoping Foreign Affairs would use it for their updates and distribute it for me :P )

I can't recruit, but I do what I can :P

I can't recruit, but I do what I can :P

And it's a lot, we all owe you thanks for that. :)

Nai, some very good ideas. I love the idea about a family tree, it's brilliant. I think we could gather that information easily just by asking people in an open thread, then graphicing it is only a matter of some doodling. I'll get the ball rolling right away. :)

Recruitment levels is also a good idea, and of course the whole point of an attitude change is the crux of the thing. I think having recruiting partners is also something that could make the thing more fun. Maybe I could make a rota of recruitment as was discussed here earlier, and assign two people to the same week for example. The teams could then be rewarded together with badges or other swag for active recruitment.

There are so many good ideas here. I think we can change (sorry Obama, I'm borrowing 'change' here :bleh:) the way recruiting goes to a steadier, less excruciating way - which would be more fun as well. I'll return to work on these tonight, but boy am I excited. :D

I have no creative suggestions for recruitment (it's been an issue in every region I've been in) but I do like Naivetry's idea for recruitment partners. It would be helpful for me, anyway. :)

My marketing for the day, posted on the TWP RMB:

The Obsidian Order of Equilism has already been out on maneuvers preparing for War games :P Three successful missions in one week, not bad. Though I'm thinking of changing the name to "Westwind's Rogues".

I prefer "Obsidian Order" :P

I guess attack of the war goats is right out?