Chaucerin

Equilism Has Lost a Friend

I'm going to have to find your avatar for you. I miss The Dude being there.

I have it on my hard drive. It popped up when I was looking for my old flag.

Unfortunatly I lost all my logs on IRC last year so I can't share some of my favorite stuff with Moo from there. (Of course a grill was usually involved, and typically involved Moo constantly jumping off of it. :P )

However my favorite memory on the forum is probably from his winning dare in the MS Equilism pageant in 2008. (He won the whole thing too)

Hello Max,

My heart is hungry for your love, but my mind is aware of what it cannot have. I know we belong to different worlds—you in the world of literature and me in the world of pixels, so then why did you come and change everything around in my life? I thought I didn't want to love again, I thought I wouldn't be able to since my heart has hurt so much. To even say I do - it's a scary thought, but you came along and I have become fearless of it.

It's hard to explain myself or to put it together in one cohesive thought; the only easy thing to think of is loving you. For just one look into your eyes makes everything in the world and in my life seem to disappear; one glance at your picture on your web site is enough to sustain me for hours. You make me want to see the sunrise every day, to know it's another day where I can maybe have you by my side.

I have held this in for so very long; I cannot any longer remain quiet. I must tell you how I feel, and hope that one day it can be returned.

I know faith can make this work someday if I just keep up my hope, 'til then I'll think of you just like now; the thought of your touch one day will forever caress me with tenderness, and your kisses will keep the flame in my heart alive in hope that one day you and I will be together.

Love always,

Moo-cows with guns

and just as good

You're just saying that so I'll endorse you. I think it's working

Welcome back; your last visit was: Mar 4 2008, 01:24 PM

Takes a fella like Moo to drag me out from under my rock. It's a nice rock, really.

I remember Moo very fondly from our collective time together here, and I've spent the last few hours rereading some of the delicious bickering, joking and role playing he was so clever at. My favourite: Somehow he branded me as the mastermind behind the Rotisserie of Evil, and we just ran with it:

http://www.equilism.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=1250

Eerily, here's the second sentence as penned by Moo:

The clear blue skies and mild spring weather belied the feelings of sorrow and anger that citizens experienced after hearing of the tragedy.

Sounds a bit like us right now, though I feel pretty lucky to have moved in his online orbit a while. I wish I had a chance to know him in real life, as some here did. But I love that he's managed to bring a lot of us back together again in some small way. He'd like that.

He certainly would. It's wonderful to have Pesky and Saucy back together again.

...I've forgotten. Which of you is the mother? :unsure:

I met Moo-Cows through defending for the ADN. He was a good person and leader. He will be missed.

Hi Lanna, good to see you again.

It's a nice rock, really.

Good to hear that, I was worried for a moment. And I second Asta's question, because I don't remember either.

Bits of Moo....

<Moo-Cows> sleep is what happens after the semester is over

---------------

<Moo-Cows> ok..she can totally check me out...I'm a 22-year old deaf dude with references :)

---------------

<Moo-Cows> I want to eventually work for whatever company eventually takes Microsoft down.

How old was Moo?

This is not what I expected to see when I signed on tonight. I am so saddened to think how much we've lost... what a great friend to so many here. Moo was a guy whose heart was always in the right place. Even as leader of the Pacific, when he was supposed to be the Evil Tyrant of NS Extraordinaire, he never stopped caring for the people he knew and the friends he'd made on the "good" side of the game. When Taijitu invaded The Rejected Realms in 2007, it was Moo who gave us the only heads up we got, for the sake of old friendships.

There were so many good times attempting to keep him from being barbecued *coughs at Wham and Fel et al.* on IRC... so many fun hijinks there and across the game. I wish I'd known him better, but I loved the man I got to know only for a short time. Rest in peace, Moo.

I heard the news a few days ago and have been at a loss for words ever since. Moo was a great player and an even greater person. I know he's been battling his health for some time now but I was praying he'd pull through it and return to us in NS. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Just a tragedy especially given his age; Moo will be sorely missed.

Moo was a great , ahem, cow-patriot and in game friend back when I first joined Equilism. I will miss his humour and the fun he brought to this forum and NS.

Be well our bovine brother! We will shout out: "Four legs is good. Two is bad!"

When I took over as ambassador to 1000 isles he wrote:

It's all yours....I turn over the key to the Ambassadorial suite....I kind of cleaned out the wet bar and well-stocked fridge...and you can use the trough for something....maybe kinky sex :unsure::blink:

Do well, Jedi Master

Moo

How old was Moo?

I keep rereading old chat logs, it's comforting remembering those days, but at the same time rubs the reality in even more :(

:cheshire:

I was very upset to hear this news. I didnt know Moo very well, but I remember him from my early Equilism days. He will be missed.

I'm really sorry to hear this. I didn't log in to see WW's first PM (as I was busy with work and I wish I did!) and when I saw the second, it was entirely not what I expected! :( While I have not been particularly close to Moo, Equilism has for a long time been my second NS home and Moo was someone whom I associate since its early days, I am saddened by the realization that I will never see him post again. What I will miss most is his good-natured humour and civility that made this place a much better place for new Equilismers.

Just as an FYI, the Equilism Military has concluded it's 72-hour Silent Salute. My thanks and appreciation to all who participated.

I'm a bit late posting to this thread, as I've been away with scant internet access all week (just on my phone, that is), but I'll say my bit anyway.

Moo was before my time in Equilism, yet he was, and will be remembered for the impact he made in helping shape the region into what it is today. In The Pacific, his influence throughout the whole of NS was even greater than what he could have achieved only at Equilism.

It is unfortunate that some of our members that have returned under these circumstances, to show their respects to a cherished friend, but yet it is good to see all these old faces gathered together once more.

Moo - so long and thanks for all the fish. We'll miss you.

I'm ashamed of myself for not checking in on the forums and missing this. I think I talked to Moo briefly when I was in Equilism a year ago, and he seemed like a really nice guy.

You know, I hate to bring up God on a forum where not everyone believes in Him, and if they do, a lot of those don't believe in the same God.

But the passing of a friend, and a young friend at that, bring out the spiritual side in me. God works in mysterious ways, and sometimes pain is how he strengthens us. When sin entered this world, mankind was cursed with death, and not even a single day is guaranteed to us.

But that doesn't mean that there is no God, nor does that mean that we shouldn't trust Him. We should thank Him for all the good, as well as question him for the bad. All the collective good times we had with Moo were a blessing, and should always remember them as such.

I've been praying, not only for Josh and his family, but also for all my Equilism friends, that they might find comfort in knowing that, while he's no longer with us, we will never forget him.

I want to share a beautiful song with y'all, called "Inscription of Hope", that I always like to sing snippets of when I'm upset or confused. I first heard it when I traveled to Toronto with the International Chorus, and it's become a very personal song that I use to calm down and find peace, and I hope that it brings the same to you.

http://youtu.be/uLgLtcQBplA

There's no need to be ashamed Zan, RL should always have precedence over the online world.

Thanks for your kind words, and the tune. :)

I totally forgot to mention something that I wanted to mention:

I know how it feels to lose a close friend when they're really too young.

My grade school friend Colin died a few months ago in a car race. He was seventeen. Unexpected deaths bring out aspects of the human soul or conscious or whatever you call it. They bring out sides you rarely see. I think that these are therapeutic times, times to reflect on your life and think about things you might rarely care to give a second thought. Things like what people will remember you for, how you treat others, what they mean to you and vice versa.

Because folks, no one lives forever. We all die eventually. And God gives you that small handful of years on earth for a reason. What you do with those years is up to you. I have a feeling that Moo lived those years well and lived a very good life. But no one's life is 100% filled with happiness. There are times when you make mistakes, times you mess up, times you get sad, or angry, or scared. But that's the beauty of life, that we can feel all those things. But life is not merely feelings, it's filled with actions as well. So take some time to think over your actions, and how people would remember you if you weren't there anymore. You may just get something out of it. :)

Greetings to you all.

Since this is the only place that holds such a thread (well at least that I know of since I am pretty much just keeping my nation alive in NS and not playing anymore) I decided to drop by and pay my respects for the player and the man I used to call Mooey and whose udders I loved to fiddle with every chance I got. Thanks to Krull for pointing me to this thread.

Coming into the bigger league from a very small region through TNP, then Lexicon and finally Taijitu I'd had heard of Moo more than one time and I believe that he has been one of the known figures of NS in the last 5 years or so whom I've connected to very quickly.

I have seen Nai mentioning the TRR stampede in connection to him and I just wanted to add that back then, during what has been the most intense game-play experience for me since I first started NS in 2004, Moo has been one of those who has done his best to keep exaggerated reactions to a minimum and helped others who resorted to personal attacks see the fun side of this game. It is for that feature that I will mostly remember him. He had the talent of brightening the room and always providing those who took life (in this case NS) too seriously, with a grain of salt.

I had been impressed to first hear his story but when we became pals and started chatting, I learned to appreciate him beyond the NS player that he was.

May his family find a way to overcome this, God knows it will not be easy, looking at the appreciation he is getting all around NS and CN, but such is life and I hope they will find comfort in kind memories, like we must. Godspeed to Moo wherever he may be and all the best to you all.

Regards,

Gunner.

I know what is is like to lose a friend having lost one of my friends to leukemia, a few years back I almost lost my father to Cancer, and more recently a flatmate of mine died of epilepsy. I don't know Moo but you have my sympathy and I hope he goes to that special place in the sky (or Nirvana or Loka ), if that is what he believed in. :(

Miss him already, we used to grill him regularly on IRC.

*salutes

Wow, can't believe it took me so long to see this, and I'm really sorry I wasn't around when this was first posted.

As late as it is, I have to pay my respects. Moo was one of the people I felt closest to here. He was a really great guy, nice to everyone and always fun to talk to.

I don't really think I can put anything else I'm thinking into words.

I already missed him before I saw this; I will continue to miss him.