Sign in to follow this  
Hamajahala

Monk and Hama's (Second) Marriage, pt. 1

3.4-Church+inside.jpg

Heavenly music glides through the air inside the Cathedral of the Church of Equilism. A bride walks down the aisle, guided by three solemn figures. She reaches the front, where two men in suits stand waiting, one priestly, one with a glint in his eye. The bride turns to the three and gives them a smile. They smile in return. She turns to the priest.

"Shall we begin?"

As an organ prelude played by Clint Equilism is heard, Hamajahala walks down the bar at Vesica's side. Monk stands by the altar next to Archbishop Zeorus of the Church of Equilism looking nervous but excited. As Hama walks toward the stage, Saint Westwind himself can be seen in his sacred chair watching the proceedings, accompanied by Naivetry and Kubrikistan. Other members of the Equilism community can be seen in the pews. When Hama and Vesica reach the stage, Archbishop Zeorus opens The Wisdom of Westwind and begins a brief sermon.

"Friends, family and fellow Equilismers-

We gather here in this most sacred of places to witness the marriage of Father Monkye and Mother Hamajahala. In The Wisdom of Westwind, Holy Saint Westwind teaches us that the love between two Equilismers is a sacred thing. It is this love that is at the core of our faith. Followers of the Way know that only the love we show to our fellow human beings is of value when our character is judged. It is the hope of Saint Westwind and myself that the love these two followers of the Way have for each other continues and spreads to others.

You may exchange your vows."

(Ooh, I'm writing my own vows? Pressureeeee)

"Dearest, I'm so glad we're doing this again. As I've gotten to know you during our marriage, I've come to like you more and more, so that now I care for you tremendously. You're sweet and kind and smart and funny and all sorts of good things. Everyone here today is a witness to our friendship and the good times we've had; looking forward, I know for certain that no matter what happens in Equilism, no matter what happens in each of our lives, more good times are still to come."

Hama slips a silver band onto Monk's finger.

fred-astaire.jpg

Taking it all in before the big moment, Monk stares in awe at the exquisite Church of Equilism. Then, realising that it was vows time, Monk suddenly wished that he had practiced them more.

"Mon amour, il est donc bon d'être ici à nouveau en combinaisons et robes. It has been so much fun growing up on here at the same time, and I am sure it will be just as much fun growing old together. And just to prove it, I prepared a short poem for you to mark this wonderful occasion.

Prepare for marriage! And a horse drawn carriage!

To protect Equilism from insult!

To unite the Church and the Cult!

To espouse the best of truth and love!

To extend our reach to the stars above!

Hama!

Monk!

Team Rocket, blast off at the speed of light!

Take this ring, or I'll feel aslight!

Streuth!

That's right!"

Presents a ring bound for Hamajahala's finger

gold-wedding-bands-124.jpg

5833.jpg

Naivetry as maid of honor stands beside the bride grinning, then gently nudges Hama towards Monk. "Let him give you the ring, dear!" she whispers with a smile.

*One of the three was a crisp man in a military suit, with enough medals to make it seem as if he served in every war and every war that was going to occur in the future. Despite his stiff attentionsque stance, his face was all smiles as he watched his daughter get married on this, The Day of His Daughter's Wedding. As he thought of the ramifications of this day, he looked at her with pride and joy, quietly taking in the moment.*

Hama, still giggling, steps forward to receive the ring.

The Drop Bear waddles up and hands another ring to Monk, a soda tab that looks as though it's been chewed on by fangs. He smiles a toothy grin while he holds it up.

"RWRIRIIIINGGG!"

He snarls politely.

Hama laughs again. "Junior! We're so glad you came! Now we have one ring for this ceremony and one ring for the next one, in the Church of Nai."

Dabbing a way a tear, Asta sneaks off to prepare the Temple of Naivetry for the second ceremony, to be held later tonight.

Aw, that's so cute Junior! *Pockets the soda tab*

But this one is for my wife in this ceremony.

*Slides the ring over Hamajahala's delicate finger.*

newguy1.png

Kubrik stands beside the groom, having given the ring to Monk well ahead of time to avoid forgetting the ring anywhere. He wipes the corners of his eyes at the bride's wow, and stifles tears of laughter at the groom's. He helps Junior find his place next to the groom, as Monk hands his ring to Hama.

Edited by Kubrikistan

*nudges Ves*

That triple parenting thing worked out very well, no, she's one beauty of a kid. And that son-in-law ain't too bad either.

:cheshire:

Hama is wreathed in smiles as Monk slips the ring on her finger. Now all that remains is to be pronounced man and wife (again).

Archbishop Zeorus smiles.

"By the holy power of Saint Westwind which I hold, I seal this marriage for time and eternity."

He then quietly slips out of the Cathedral and heads to the Temple of Naivetry to set the organ registrations.

Hama gives Monk a quick kiss on the cheek and a grin. "One out of two!"

A big grin spreads across Monk's face

"Well then, is it time to make for that horse-drawn carriage I mentioned and make it two out of two?"

"Sounds like a plan to me!"

classicdreams.jpg

Hama and Monk trot off to the next thread

*showers the lovely couple with rice on their way to the next thread*

Cheers, and good luck! Let's make it 2 for 2!!

*dabs away tears*

Hooray!

C'mon, hon, let's go catch the next one. :bananalama:

A llama ride! You're the best husband a guy could hope for. :P *hops on*