Sign in to follow this  
Tse Moana

Bar / Games & Fun Forum Organisation

I'm getting the feeling that the Fun Stuff part of the Games & Fun subforum is getting lost in the spammy games. Now, I love me some spammy games, but I would also like to see more activity in the general fun area. To that end, I have the following proposal:

Current forum structure is as such:

The Bar

-- Games & Fun

----- Tests & Quizzes

----- Fun Stuff

----- Welcome to Tranquilience

----- Particracy

The sub-subforums here (under Games & Fun) are getting lost in the fray and see much less to no posting at all.

I suggest we rejigger the structure as follows:

The Bar

-- Games

-- Fun

Games would be the current Games & Fun subforum but then renamed. It would contain all the spammy games and topics that are now in it.

Fun would be a new subforum and would contain all the topics that are currently in the Tests & Quizzes, Fun Stuff en Particracy sub-subforums. These would be placed there as topics, not as sub-subforums. Welcome to Tranquilience would be the only one to go in there as a sub-subforum.

Thoughts?

:cheshire:

I like! I think we can also do a little bit of separation within the G+F forum too... particularly, I think Crazy Talk is too non-spammy to go with the spammy games. :P

Agreed (re: Crazy Talk) but moving individual posts is something that can more easily be done when we've hammered out changes to the forum structure itself.

Methinks we need approval from our esteemed IA minister, but other than that, we're a go? Or do we wanna put this to a vote or something?

I'm happy to give the IA minister a bit of space to lead on this. I think they need the freedom to make their own decisions, and we can worry and complain afterwards if they mess up too bad.

I like the organizational scheme you've come up with, Tse. Let's put it to the test and if it causes a problem you and I can come up with something else.

Make what so? I don't have the magic power to create new sub-forums, merely move things.

You'll have to beg one of the Admins, Tse.

Right, so I got hold of Chauce and he rejiggered the forums for me. I've moved the threads from Tests & Quizzes, Funstuff and Particracy to the new Fun Stuff forum, plus the Crazy Talk and the Virtual Cooking Competition. If there's any other threads in Games that you feel should be in Fun Stuff, holler.