Sign in to follow this  
Hamajahala

I've got some ideas

Hi everyone, I finally have enough time to get things started around here. First off, I'd like to start planning a Christmas or Winter Ball. I vaguely remember the last time we had one, we did a murder-mystery ball, and it was loads of fun, so I'd love to do something like that. It would be cool to incorporate other regions as well but I have less experience with that sort of thing so I'd need some help on that part.

I also hereby open the floor for any suggestions about events you'd like to see happen, problems you'd like to have addressed, opinions you'd like to air, ideas to flesh out the above plan, anything at all.

Of course people will notice this thread :P

I'm definitely on board for a Winter Ball. If you want to do something like a murder mystery I'm up to GM. :)

I'm totally up for a murder mystery ball.

With costumes.

To a theme.

And hats.

Cool! Because I'm a history major I was sort of thinking history-themed, maybe the whole powdered wigs-and-castles-and-overly fancy dresses route, does that sound like fun? Then Kar could wear all the fancy hats he could find.

IDEA.

Palace of Versailles- somebody killed the Sun King Louis XIV. :D

Zeo, that's a great idea! I remember doing a murder mystery on here once where one of the guests was randomly chosen to be the murderer, then every time it was time for another murder, they would PM person in charge of the ball with their chosen victim and what they wanted posted for the way they died. Then the person in charge would post it and everyone would talk over who they thought did it. A little convoluted but we pulled it off, how does that sound?

Zeo, that's a great idea! I remember doing a murder mystery on here once where one of the guests was randomly chosen to be the murderer, then every time it was time for another murder, they would PM person in charge of the ball with their chosen victim and what they wanted posted for the way they died. Then the person in charge would post it and everyone would talk over who they thought did it. A little convoluted but we pulled it off, how does that sound?

Very good :D

I'm interested.

Randgriz lives!

Yay, I'm glad to have such a good response! Now how should I organize this ... would it work to have a thread where people could RSVP to show interest and commitment?

Yeah, that's probably a good idea. :D Just so you know who you can expect.

Also, we should invite our friends! Unknown, TNP, Osiris, TWP... will make things more fun. :D

I would super love to have people from other regions come, that would be great! But ... I don't know any of them and I wouldn't know how to do it at all ... is there someone willing to volunteer to do that?

We could include it in the FA updates, as well as have ambassadors post about it in the 'Foreign News' section or equivalent (if any) of regions.

We could include it in the FA updates, as well as have ambassadors post about it in the 'Foreign News' section or equivalent (if any) of regions.

^This. Just draft a description when you have a more definite plan and I'll start posting in my assigned regions.

I'd suggest having the Ambassadors post the invite separately from the regular FA update once you've got the details worked out. Other regions are more likely to notice it that way.

To the nations of [region this is getting posted in]:

You are cordially invited to a MYSTERY BALL in the Grand Winter Palace of Equilism.

berlin_0011.jpg

The year is 1750, the dress is rococo, the hats and powdered wigs are bigger than the heads they rest on.

Not all the guests will survive the night.

baroque,illustration,rococo-eacb678e3a8d

To RSVP, head over to Equilism and

And ... post in the RSVP thread? Where is a good place to have this thread - Home Office, The Bar, Role Playing? I want to have the thread already in existence before the invitations go out.

Link seems to be out of date or broken ... That's where we have held this sort of thing in the past but I couldn't find one now.