Repeal "Condemn Omigodtheykilledkenny"

3 members have voted

1. 1. How shall the WAD vote?

• For the repeal
    • Against repealing
    • He shall abstain

A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.

Category: Repeal Resolution: SC#17 Proposed by: Terravoss

Description:WA Security Council Resolution #17: Condemn Omigodtheykilledkenny

Argument: The Security Council,

Recognizing that omigodtheykilledkenny__328962t2.jpgThe Dolphin-Killing WA Member of Omigodtheykilledkenny is not a World Assembly member, nor has it been for quite a while,

Satisfied that the Creative Solutions Agency created and funded by Omigodtheykilledkenny no longer poses a threat to the World Assembly Compliance Commission, as Omigodtheykilledkenny is not a World Assembly member, and therefore is not required to comply with World Assembly law,

Seriously Doubting that any dolphin has ever been harmed by the governenment of Omigodtheykilledkenny,

Impressed that for a nation in a region of terrorists and war criminals Omigodtheykilledkenny has granted its citizens extensive civil rights, and political freedoms,

Further Impressed that Omigodtheykilledkenny has compiled and maintains an archive of World Assembly resolutions, and has authored groundbreaking resolutions such as: GAR #8 World Assembly Headquarters, and GAR #17 World Assembly General Fund, which have become the backbone of the World Assembly,

Understanding that Omigodtheykilledkenny, has actually done more positive for International Community than negative,

Thoroughly Convinced that Omigodtheykilledkenny has righted any and all wrongs committed against the World Assembly, and thus no longer deserves to be shunned,

Hereby Repeals SC Resolution #17 Condemn Omigodtheykilledkenny.

Votes For: 2,881 (34%)

Votes Against: 5,470 (66%)

Voting Ends: in 1 day 12 hours

Debate thread.

Apologies for the delay, hopefully you'll have enough time to vote before the clock runs out.

A pertinent telegram was sent to me as the delegate:

Odelay, Kubrikistan!

Apologies for the mass-mailing. I just wanted to drop you a quick line about the resolution currently at vote, Repeal "Condemn Omigodtheykilledkenny". It is my strong hope that you will vote AGAINST it.

Why would a nation be against the repeal of its own condemnation, you ask? Well, it's quite simple. It's just not good enough. Its arguments are weak and unconvincing (even the mods said as much when they responded to a legality check), its composition leaves much to be desired, and it demonstrates a distinct lack of understanding, both of the target nation (i.e., me) and the accusations lodged against it. SC mods warn members not to submit repeals that do not directly address the arguments in the resolution, and this repeal doesn't even come close to doing that. Instead, it just rattles off a list of good things my nation has supposedly done (while relying on easily changeable game mechanics like whether my nation is in the WA or not), and then shruggingly asserts that the accusations made in the actual condemnation mean nothing.

It is my considered belief that the very first condemnation of a nation to be passed by the WA -- and the admittedly brilliant prose of its author -- deserve a far better response than this. This sort of "commendation-as-repeal" argument only promotes lazy proposal-writing, and does the Security Council a profound disservice. I can be persuaded to support a repeal that actually does seek to address and disprove (rather than avoid) the charges against my nation, but this falls significantly short of the mark. I am voting against, and I pray that you'll join me.

But if you're already against this, you dislike me, you think I do deserve the scorn of the WA, or you just like the glimmer of the badge on my nation, more power to you, I guess. Vote early and often.

Thanks for hearing me out!
Kenny

"Repeal "Condemn Omigodtheykilledkenny"" was defeated 7,085 votes to 2,936. Equilism voted against the repeal.