The EWC is something that we've held annually for...8 years now I think. Given the Fifa World Cup is on at the moment, I think now might be a good time to start organising the 2014 version of our own World Cup. I've handled this in the last few years, but I won't be able to do any organising until at least July, so if somebody else wants to take the reins, that'd be nice. If there are any volunteers for that, here's the spot to do that.

We can use this as a preliminary planning thread.

Zeorus will of course enter the tournament. We need to vindicate our name after that embarrassing defeat last year.

Just a note, both of you, that this isn't the entry thread, but whoever runs it, whether it be me, or someone else, will have to keep your entry statements in mind.

We'll at least need to get the EWC subforum moved to a visible area of the forum first.

I'm glad to have an EWC, the Home Office could always use something to do :P But I'm about to enter in the "valley of death" time for planning my trip, and then I'll be going abroad. SH, would you be willing to help? I'll be in the U.S. for another week or two, so I can help a little then. It would be good practice for you to learn how to plan events.

I'm glad to have an EWC, the Home Office could always use something to do :P But I'm about to enter in the "valley of death" time for planning my trip, and then I'll be going abroad. SH, would you be willing to help? I'll be in the U.S. for another week or two, so I can help a little then. It would be good practice for you to learn how to plan events.

It would indeed and a sporting event would be a challenge because I'm completely unfamiliar with them. Is there a primer?

The EWC subforum would be a good place to start, Tush.

As I have experience running the competition, I'm also available to offer advice/pitch in and help whenever needed.

Hi all, as I am new to the game and equilism, but I have assumed position as Senator, I'd like to help out with this as I am european, and football dribbles through our veins like blood. (Just like everyone else on the planet apart from americans)

Anywho...

I looked at thr previous EWC's and I would like to help organizing it, if not organize it this year.

Some good examples to base this years stuff on:

The 2011 Signups ( http://www.equilism.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=11615 ) can be the base for this year, like last years schedules etc.. ( http://www.equilism.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=13943)

The EWC subforum would be a good place to start, Tush.

As I have experience running the competition, I'm also available to offer advice/pitch in and help whenever needed.

With your permission, I'd like to start ASAP!

:D

-BelgDenia

*thanks all the gods*

Two heads are better than one they say so it must be true. I'd love to have your help Belg. :)

That's a great start. I've sent Belg a TG with a few suggestions to help make sure this thing gets off the ground, and requested that it get moved to a more visible part of the forum. All that's left for most of us to do now is to register, and advertise it.

I'm out in the middle of nowhere over the weekend, so don't be surprised if I take a day or so to get on to it. Keep reminding me until it is done.