Sign in to follow this  
Checkers McDog

Ambassador's Report, July 3rd, 2005

Here's this week's report. Feel free to post any comments or questions smile.gif

Report from Canadauser posted image

July 3, 2005 (6/17)

Prepared by Judith Gap

Forum - Wikipedia - Webpage

Population: 318

Delegate: Checkers McDog (107 endorsements)

Regional Happenings:

• Currently elections are underway in the region. Although some positions were decided by acclaim, a list of the new Ministers will be posted in the next report.
  • On 23 June 2005, Prime Ministress, Checkers McDog announced that our forum had just passed the 100,000 posts mark. Both Kana Da and Carbanousa are over 10,000 each, and Ess is close to passing that mark as well.
  • Redundancies, The Minister of Doughnuts and Beer, posted information about The Bay of Fundy. Sea Salt Jack Tarr immediately posted a relevant shanty.
  • J Delight arrived in the region and brought Nuclear Parasols and a large kettle of cheese. Cheesy puns inevitably broke out.
  • Sparta Territories arrived in the region and quickly asked the region, â€Should Canada begin to take over other regions. Canadians overwhelmingly voted no (90 % agreement).
  • In sporting news, the Liarg Lions are increasing their first place lead; South of the border and Durass are trying to catch up to the lions.
United Nations: Canada voted:
  • AGAINST The Repeal of “Elimination of Weaponsâ€
  • AGAINST “Nuclear Armamentsâ€
OOC Happenings:
  • All of the region’s members enjoyed Canada Day (July 1) user posted imageand Summer Solstice (June 21)
  • Elizabiethian shared pictures of her newborn niece, Joelee Hope ___.
  • Minister of Defense, Carbanousa offered to show us a picture of himself in a pink tutu. No photos surfaced, presumably for national security reasons, or maybe he was just trying to protect us.
  • Games of the Weeks: Poux and Diamond Mine. See if you can score better than our region’s best. Ask your ambassador to post your high scores in Canada’s thread for Poux or Diamond Mine !
  • Daemon went to Toronto’s zoo and shared some pictures of the animals.
  • Beaver-Country-Canada, Kana Da, and Oilers Fans all reported doing well on end-of-year exams.
  • Kana Da opened the Canada Mall and shopping for various items has begun.
  • Since opening three weeks ago, T & P’s Shoreline Spot has seen unprecedented activity. The costume party, the beach party, the sailing adventure, romantic getaways, etc. Shoot. The place has been too active for me to keep up with. It’s interesting reading though.
  • Judith Gap went to and returned from a conference in Estes Park, Colorado for non-conformist English teachers.
  • Redundancies is off for the wedding of two friends
  • We are all wishing Checkers McDog well after the death of her grandfather.
Random Quotes from Discussion Boards

Beat me with a herring if I am wrong.....

You people are an embarrassment to us all. </sarcasm>

I smile at your monkey.

It [The Daemon-Fir] also has the distinction of being one of the most sarcastic trees found in Northwestern forests, second only to the seasonal Almonaster Dwarf Maple.

It has become abundantly clear just how very far we are from Mr. Roger's Neighbourhood.