New Eunomia

- Ambassador's Report -

Hello everybody. This is my first posting of the Canadian Ambassador's Report.

I will be using this same thread for every weekly report in order to economize the space in this forum.

Report from Canadauser posted image

19 July 2005

Prepared by Freezing Cold Water and Judith Gap

Forum - Wikipedia - Webpage

Population: 297 nations

Delegate: Checkers McDog (108 endorsements)

Regional Happenings:

Freezing Cold Water was appointed as the Assistant Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs.

Ess became the third member of the forum to reach over 10,000 posts.  Amazingly the top three posters in the region have combined for nearly 33,000 posts.

There has been renewed activity in nearly all of political parties in the House of Commons.

In the Ministry of Doughnuts and Beer, Redundancies continued lessons in history and geography.  Most recently, information on the Hope slide and collapse of Turtle Mountain, and a brief biography of Lucy Maud Montgomery (Anne of Green Gables) was posted.

In sports, The Liarq Lions have begun to extend their lead over Durass Daggers, as South of the border has begun to fade.

In the Village (not pictured here), new activity has begun to transform the small town.  Recently re-opening is Bweezy's Oracle, which had stopped giving the region the answers it needed.  How else can we really know what is in a hot dog?  Also opening is Kein Aber's Knapsack Canada, Baked Goods/Fine Chocolates & Gifts, and Jack Tarr's schooner vacations.

United Nations: Canada voted:

AGAINST the "Civilian Rights Post War".

While members liked the guarantee of civil rights, concerns about loopholes and enforcement led to its regional defeat.

FOR the repeal of "National Systems of Tax"

OOC Happenings:

In the real world, hockey resumes.  As you might imagine, many of us are happy.

Hudson Bay stated that 1966 was the best year in music.  So far discussion hasn't been willing to accept any date after 1974.

Defectiveness has left to visit family in a small town five hours north of Winnipeg.

Kana Da went to the dentist and still has no cavities.  One member remarked, "No cavities? For someone as sweet as you?"  The entire forum gagged on that 'sweetness'.

Beaver-Country-Canada has been to Soccer camp.  The athletes she has coached are all doing well.

Checkers McDog spent Saturday getting caught up on her reading so that she could be prepared for the newest Harry Potter book. 

Game of the WeekMost Wanted.  Try beating the scores in our games forum.  Note: requires Flashplayer.

Random Quotes from Discussion Boards

by Almonaster

I am euphonically fickle.

I started a massive apartment-cleaning project last night...Target completion date: October 21st, 2015.

I'm somewhere between catatonia and a perpetual Tickle Me Elmo.

Feel free to leave any questions or comments.

July 24, 2005

Prepared by Judith Gap

Population: 287

Delegate: Checkers McDog (104 endorsements)

Regional Happenings:

Harley (Libertarian Canada) was recently suspended for two weeks because he flamed a fellow forum dweller.

The cabinet recently revised the  Canadian Ejection and Board Suspension Guidelines

Redundancies, The Minister of Doughnuts and Beer, posted information about Stanley Park (Vancouver).

Swearing was a hot topic of discussion this week in the Citizen’s Voice.

Captain Jack Tarr has managed to scrape together a crew and has opened business for sailing adventures aboard the Zen in the Wind II.  Currently, the coasting schooner is on her  maiden voyage in this capacity.

In regional baseball news, the Durass Daggers have significantly trimmed the lead that the Liarg Lions had in the league.

FOR “UN Biological Weapons Banâ€

OOC Happenings:

MooMoo has been killing flies with her family.  She is in the lead by 180.

Game of the Week: Flies. See if you can score better than our region’s best.

Daylight Savings Time was briefly discussed.  In general, the members thought someone had too much time on his or her hands.

Daemon has a big hive of rhinoceros in his Japanese maple tree.  Bweezy has a vole infestation.  And, Liarg has a sloth problem.

by Almonaster

0h no! Most3 of my posts areZ just Thinly 7vieled attempts4Y to 8pass oN ser5ial numBers.

Um. 3C2K.

Pants.

I could have just said any word there. Any word at all. And nobody'll ever know. I could have just given the meaning of life, but it was covered up by pants. It boggles the mind.

OK, who's been in the rhetorical laxative ale again?

I think reading this has caused me to lose the little bit of intelligence I have left.

I hope you enjoy reading this. I apologize for my not being very active. I'm currently working this summer as a student probie. I hope it goes well.

thumbup.gif

July 31, 2005

Prepared by Checkers McDog and Judith Gap

Population: 289

Delegate: Checkers McDog (100 endorsements)   

Regional Happenings:

Redundancies, The Minister of Doughnuts and Beer, posted information about The Canadian Centre for Architecture (CCA) (Montreal).

In the previous week's report, Equilism's Moo-cows with guns posted a story, "Hearing Things" which is an inspiring story.

After running aground on a shoal and watching his coasting schooner catch fire, Captain Jack Tarr has been inconsolable.  All passengers were airlifted to safety in style by Almonaster and his incredible flying machine.

Al's Fractal Gallery re-opened on new premises, and Fractal Fridays, where board members use fractals as avatars, were introduced on the forums.

In regional baseball news, the Liarg Lions managed to hold off the Durass Daggers for another week.

Special welcome to new nations on the forum: Aarcane, Canadian Geese, and Shamrockville

AGAINST “UN Resolution - Establish UNWCCâ€

OOC Happenings:

IRL, Bweezy reported news agencies who confirmed that a hair sample was being tested to see if it was Sasquatch.  Speculation was mutant trout or biker convention.  Later news reports say bison, but there may be a cover up.

Game of the weekFive Finger Fillet.  Warning this game is extremely violent.  Try beating the high score on our forums

Generally speaking, people are active.

Beaver-Country-Canada is in Vancouver.  Liarg is on vacation.  Jack Tarr will be sailing.  Bweezy is golfing. Checkers has been shopping and going out with friends.  Kana Da is getting ready to be extremely busy.  Judith Gap is in the final week of summer classes.  Daemon is recovering from a cold.  Almonaster is kung-foo fighting with his computer.

But in general, people are doing stuff.

Random Quotes from Discussion Boards by Almonaster

Bweezy:

I'd like to state that I now *like* telemarketers.  The past week has seen me adopt the strategy of pretending I can't speak English.  It's a lot of fun to see how long they'll talk to you before they hang up.

I still hate Clowns though.

Magnate of the Albertan Empire:

I have learned that Beer and Doughnuts must be treated with respect and not be consumed foolhardy.

Judith Gap:

Each chooses a pineapple with which to defend themselves from the fruit cart of justice.

7 August 2005

Prepared by Beaver-Country-Canada and Judith Gap

Population: 277

Delegate: Checkers McDog (107 endorsements)

Regional Happenings:

Foreign Affairs representatives from various regions will be meeting in Q102 to discuss the role of ambassadors and how ambassadors should behave. If you are interested and are the foreign affairs representative for your region, please contact Nevareion of Q102 or Judith Gap of Canada.

Redundancies, The Minister of Doughnuts and Beer, posted information about Oscar Peterson, outstanding jazz pianist.

Q102 and Canada have established diplomatic relations by exchanging ambassadors.  The new embassy opened with a gala event, which was atttended by most of the locals, looking good, and a number of notable ambassadors from other regions.

In regional baseball news, the Durass daggers have stunned the Liarq Lions by tying the penant race.  South of the border continues to try to catchup to the leaders. 

Special welcome to new nations on the forum: Zaws and Evenrood.  Special welcome to Mikitivity from the International Democratic Union.

United Nations:

Currently voting on The Mitigation of Land Reservoirs.

Voted FOR The Freedom of Conscience.

OOC Happenings:

One of our newer members, Zaws, started a thread called "You Know You're Addicted to the Internet When...". The list has been getting longer and longer!  Perhaps, "You might be addicted to the internet when" you spend time developing a long list of how to tell you're addicted to the internet.

Almonaster has been keeping us updated on his trip to the Netherlands!  Last we heard from him, he was in Rotterdam, because his attempts to find a place to stay in Amsterdam were thwarted by a gay pride event. 

BCC returned safely from her trip to Vancouver and Vancouver Island -- see the update in The BCC in Vancouver Thread.

Checkers McDog, our Prime Ministress, had to work at The Bay on the statutory holiday Monday.

Kana da's computer is currently being fixed, so the rest of us are trying to catch up with her many hundreds of posts (12,619).

Hudson Bay can officially say he has a full-time job, by helping out with other parts of a partially unfunded project.

Oilers Fans went to boycott a railroad whose cars ran off their tracks and spilled 1.3 million tonnes of oil into Wabamun Lake.

Random Quotes from Discussion Boards by Almonaster
The next World War won't be fought on land, at sea, in the air, or even in space. It's going to be fought in our hearts and in our stomachs. And Canada will be ready with a whisk in one hand and a flour sifter in the other.
- Daemon

She [Westaway] actually made a post? I didn't notice - all I saw was the avatar biggrin.gif
- Hudson Bay

better than attracting feral rodents, and he doesn't require a magical flute.
- TinyVillages

14 August 2005

Prepared by Judith Gap

Population: 278

Delegate: Checkers McDog (108 endorsements)

Regional Happenings:

Foreign Affairs representatives are meeting Q102 to discuss the role of ambassadors and how ambassadors should behave. If you are interested and are the foreign affairs representative for your region, please contact Nevareion of Q102 or Judith Gap of Canada

Redundancies, The Minister of Doughnuts and Beer, posted information about Peter Jennings.

Citing a sense of having let down the voters on his election platform, Daemon has resigned as Minister of Regional Affairs.

In regional baseball news, the Durass daggers continue their remarkable season by passing the Liarq Lions.

Thanks to Blackshear and Almonaster for creating a new forum banner.

The embassy of China was closed due to lack of communication between the regions.

Cabinet passed "The Public Recall of Canadian Ministers," and then almost immediately recalled the legislation.

United Nations:

Voted FOR "The Mitigation of Land Reservoirs."

Voted FOR "The Microcredit Bazaar."

OOC Happenings:

BCC is getting ready for college and is a little worried about what will happen to her friendships with people from high school.

Aarcane was judged to have the best pickup line of "hi".

Game of the Week  - The Last Knight is an addictive RPG game that I have seen in both Canada and many other regions.

Judith Gap met his sister in Indianapolis this week and inspected two movie theaters with her.  Since, then he's been generally annoyed or annoying.  The jury's still out.

Freezing Cold Water & Daemon are away from the forum for a few weeks.

Chex was not fired at work this week.

I'd be a goth if they weren't so whiny all the time.
~ Redundancies

21 August 2005

Prepared by Beaver-Country-Canada

Population: 280

Delegate: Checkers McDog (109 endorsements)

Regional Happenings:

Daemon's Resignation

Cabinet was saddened to hear that Daemon would be resigning as Minister of Regional Affairs. Cabinet wished Daemon well, and thanked him for his input during the last two terms in Office.

Discussion about the now vacant position concluded in that KD (kana da) should be elevated to Admin status, as per the position. Cabinet is said to be excited to be working with the new Minister. In response the new Minister was quoted as having said,

This is really weird. A couple of nights ago, I was in my room. Now, you see, my mom had gone to the bank for 20 minutes, and I wanted some insane root. I didn't have time to actually roll it so I could smoke it, so I decided to eat it. Now, instead of the pink elephants I was expecting, I got three witches showing up in my room.

"Yo, KD girl, congrats to the DMoRa. Congrats to the MoRA. Congrats to the future Prime Minister."

After that the insane root wore off and I was left there wondering what happened. After mulling it over for a while, I realized that since I don't have a UN nation in Canada, this could mean only one thing.

Paul Martin is coming over for a sleepover tomorrow night.

Inter-regional Affairs forum

In response to a continued increase in Foriegn Affairs talks, the Ministry of Foriegn Affairs requested the creation of a new Forum, 'Inter-regional Affairs forum', because it was felt that: "...more issues will be discussed by multiple regions. It would be nice to have a place for such discussions." Cabinet was eager to see an inter regional discussion Forum.

North Pacific

Concern was raised about North Pacific (not the Feeder Region) about differences of opinion and the possible rammifications for Canada - North Pacific relations.

The North Pacific

After recieving a PM from The North Pacifics Minister of External Affairs, Blackshear, Cabinet discussed the possibilities of reestablishing relationships between the Regions. Cabinet is still discussing about the reopening of the embassy but are confident that The North Pacific will meet the Canadian Standards for Diplomacy.

Cabinet Notepad

The suggestion of a notepad for new Cabinet members was raised that would detail the process for the introduction of legislative proposals.

The Polar Bear Hunt

A Polar Bear Hunt is underway in the land of Boreal Tundra. There are representatives of eight different Canadian nations taking photos of these majestic beasts.

The City of the Ehs Baseball League

South of the Border has claimed the top spot in the league, just ahead of the Durass Daggers and Liarg Lions.

The Canadian Soccer League

The soccer league has revved up and is preparing for their draft.

United Nations:

We voted FOR The Transgender Equality Act, but it was defeated 7,226 votes to 6,917.

We are currently voting on The Sex Education Act. The votes are coming in but are not looking promising for this Act.

OOC Happenings:

Daemon had to cancel his meeting with our delegate, Checkers McDog, in Toronto because he was sick and then had to go to Calgary.

Kana da did some packing for her move to Prince Albert, Saskatchewan. She also found a picture of her grade six heartthrob, whom she says was not as hot as she thought!

Checkers McDog went apartment-searching in Toronto, and found an apartment she liked, that was being redone. However, now she has to overcome the parental issues and get them to pay part of it!

Almonaster had an intense but excellent role play session.

Jack Tarr has returned from his vacation on the seas.

Beaver-Country-Canada spent a few days with her father before she leaves for Calgary.

Redundancies is getting better at poker.

I filled up this morning and they wanted my liver as payment.  I negotiated it down to the spleen and a few gallstones.....
Liarg

I wouldn't say that I hate mornings ... we just don't see enough of each other to get a proper relationship started.
4:20 Celebrants

I'd try the health markets first. Their produce is displayed so much more sensually than regular grocery stores.
J Delight

To skip all the excellent detail, the climax came when our hammer-wielding smith/shaman mind-melded and did psycho-surgery on a schizophenic mage.
Almonaster

28 August 2005

Regional Happenings:

Texas and Canada reached an agreement to exchange ambassadors.  It is expected that mass quantities of beer and beef will be consumed in both regions.

Unaware of the new embassy, Liarg & Parrrrtay held a preemptory BBQ

During the recent NationStates emergency, quick thinking and mass e-mails from our Prime Ministress helped many members avoid logging in and having their nations zeroed out.  The problem has since been fixed.

Europa granted Canada a consulate.

Minister of Doughnuts and Beer, Redundancies, posted information on the Arctic Fox and a few nice pictures courtesy of VIA Rail.

Canada's Delegate, Checkers McDog was approached by United Federation of Planets about a diplomatic relationship.  We are still discussing the idea.

South of the border is holding a narrow lead in a three-way race for the Canadian baseball penant.

Canada welcomes the following new nations to the forum: proficy, thilanka, LandS, and king_girl (TV's best friend and wife).  Special welcome to ambassadors: NewTexas (Texas) and Spanish Pacific (North Pacific).

BabyPanda, Mav's stufffed animal, somehow managed to come to life and register for the forum.  If you sight this panda, be aware he is extremely cute and candy hungry!

United Nations:

Canada voted AGAINST the Un Repeal - Protection of Dolphins Act.

Canada voted AGAINST The Sex Education Act.

OOC Happenings:

Kana Da has now officially moved from Regina to Prince Albert!

Beaver-Country-Canada is leaving Sunday for Calgary and school.

420_Celebrants learned not to eat food at restaurants that can't spell well.

Oilers Fans bought himself a new dirtbike and was promptly injured on it.

Parrrrtay had corrective vision surgery and is still recovering.  Jack Tarr is attempting to take advantage of her temporarily impaired vision.

Checkers McDog said goodbye to an old friend who left for Yale, the same friend who had just returned from a 6 week trip to Australia.  She also found out that her manager is leaving, and is very sad about this.  She says, "The dry erase board in our shoe stockroom, which usually just has notes and sales targets written on it, now just says 'WHY GRACE? WHY!'"

Judith Gap showed off his English skills (grammar) by awing us with his dissection of a sentence.

Daemon has been unpacking for a week and a half, and may still be covered in boxes, since we haven't heard much from him in the past few days.

Your 3 favorite school subjects?

lunch

PE

detention

Oilers Fans

...and once again Uncle Jackie [tarr] calmly sails through the gutters of his mind.
Parrrrtay

Bweezy: "Jimmy Paige was the lead guitarist for Led Zeppelin"

Wife: "You mean the guys with the long beards?"

Bweezy: Uh, no, that was ZZ Top.

Wife: *blank stare*

Bweezy: "Robert Plant used to be the singer for Led Zeppelin"

Wife: "The guy who sang Simply Irrestistable?

Bweezy: "Uh, that was Robert Palmer".

Wife: *blank stare*

Bweezy:  "They did Stairway to Heaven..."

Wife: "Oh, I know that song!"

Bweezy: *Rolls eyes*

Bweezy

Kana Da has now officially moved from Regina to Prince Albert!

I sincerely hope that doesn't mean what I think it means. The agony! blink.gif

Still, thanks for the update, Canada6!

Edited by Grothistan

4 September 2005

Prepared by Judith Gap

Regional Happenings:

• Canada decided to ban Firefly Islands from the region because it was using Canada as a base of operations to threaten other regions with invasion.
  • Minister of Doughnuts and Beer, Redundancies, posted information on the Toronto Film Festival (8-17 Sept.).
  • Hostilities have begun to fester again between the boys and girl's clubhouses (HMWHC & GARPA)
  • In the baseball penant race, South of the border continues to lead. Anonymous sources report that the manager of Chex's Cereal Squares may be replaced later this week for lack of knowledge about the team.
  • In other sporting news, the draft has begun for the hockey league.
  • The Minister of Foreign Affiars expressed confidence in the democratic reorganization of North Pacific under Velgard.
United Nations:OOC Happenings:
  • Participants were way too active for adequate reporting.

Someone said something funny. We laughed.

12 September 2005

Prepared by Beaver-Country-Canada

Population: 279

Delegate: Checkers McDog (107 endorsements)

Regional Happenings:

MoFA business

-The United Federation of Planets requested an embassy. Negotiations were held off owing to the President's possible Nazi connections.

-Diplomatic development with Stornoway is being considered, but no conclusions have been made as yet.

-We re-opened ties with The North Pacific along similar lines as before with no disapproval by anyone.

-Our MoFA is winding down his diplomatic contacting before the elections.

-International Democratic Union was being considered, but the request has neither been accepted nor declined. The big concerns were the ill-defined legal system and lack of a Cabinet.

-The region of Europa has offered us a Consulate.

Security Information

-A group called NationStates Intelligence sent a TG to our Delegate asking her for info about our region.

-Firefly Islands, who resides here in Canada, sent a TG to Checkers McDog demanding she hand over power to the region Deus Ex Machina. Wysteria's delegate recieved the same TG from the same nation. Firefly Islands was ejected under sections 1b, 2d, and 2e. Cabinet discussed whether Firefly Islands should be banned for 30 days or indefinitely.

Legal Business

-Parrrrtay introduced an amendment to the constitution.

A newly elected Delegate/Prime Minister shall not be granted Administrator privileges until approved by the voters. The Minister of Regional Affairs shall be responsible for organizing the poll to approve or disapprove granting the Prime Minister Administrator privileges for the balance of the current cabinet term. Constitutional process for voting in elections shall be applied to the Administration privilege vote. With the exception that the voting period for the Administration privilege vote shall commence at 9:00 a.m Eastern Time on the first Thursday following the event of a different nation becoming delegate, and end at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on the following Sunday.

-Judith Gap and Carbanousa opposed it because with the recall legislation, the government could be weakened if the MoRA was impeached.

-Parrrrtay pointed out that without this safeguard, an invader could come in, get Admin status, and delete our accounts and toss us into the RR and there'd be nothing we could do about it.

-Checkers pointed out that these same "followers" could also come in and vote for the delegate on our forum, but that the Ejection and Board Suspension guidelines, section 1.g., would be able to rescue us. She further stated that the vote of confidence might give us time to regain the delegacy and boot the invaders out.

-Carb said that the transference of Admin power should be slow, as well as that this should not compromise regional security, and that that was the point he was taking this from.

-JG stated that the real issue was separating the PM position from the Delegate position, which caused Red to state that that would cause a rift between the on-site board and the NS game.

-JG noticed that the PM would still have the duties of the PM/Delegate, but would not have administrative capacity.

-Carb said that to support the proposal is to cement the unification between the Delegate and Prime Minister, and to not support it is to make the NationStates site and forum two different entities.

-Discussion was left up in the air pending more ideas.

Recall Process

- Parrrtay asked if the cabinet shouuld vote on the revision of Public Recall of Canadian Ministers law since the voters have viewed it in HoC and if they should do as HB suggests and hook this process in the constitution to remove any claim that this is not a legal process. No answer has been given.

United Nations:

Canada voted AGAINST the UN Repeal - Ban Chemical Weapons

Canada voted AGAINST the UN Resolution - Adoption and IVF Rights

OOC Happenings:

420_Celebrants found out he has an October 1st deadline for his new job as a magazine writer -- check it out here!

A new test, The Gullibility Factor is teaching us Canadians a little bit about life.

Our newest member, Gosstoepia, gave us a funny link to a Japanese teacher's blog.

Beaver-Country-Canada started her first full day of real, highly paid for schooling at the University of Calgary. She also changed her degree from an English major to a Philosophy major with a Political Sciences minor for next semester.

Ess's new supervisor brought them donuts on his day off. Her husband also put in for retirement, and will be retired by the end of November.

Redundancies has a new baby niece, from his tomboy sister! Congratulations!

Well this ain't the hit the above poster with random condiments thread...

Parrrrtay

My suggestion, for what ever it matters, is enjoy every moment, and life will work, unless, you are a one celled, organizum, because I reall think life took a big dump on them.
Where are the CBs

I'm channeling my inner Mitch Hedberg though ... gonna see if I can help them stay put. It's a lot easier than helping people move.
420 Celebrants

18 September 2005

Prepared by Judith Gap

Population: 281

Delegate: Checkers McDog (103 endorsements)

Diplomatic Events

The Q102 - Canada inter-regional conference concluded this week.  The Canada-Q102 Protocol on Ambassadors can be found in both regions.

Canada is waiting to see the outcome of mediation between WWSeti and the United Federation of Planets before pursuing diplomatic relations.

Regional Affairs:

Firefly Islands has been banned from Canada for a thirty (30) day period which will cease on October 5th.

Boreal Tundra revealed its new Wildlife postage stamp following a hunt for just the right snapshop of a polar bear.

Jack Tarr's new ship "The Slow Dance" was christened and is currently on its maiden voyage.

The Durass Daggers are pulling away from competition in the Canadian Baseball Penant Race.

Special welcomes to newcomers: Vivacity, The Gosstoepian Empire, The Theocracy of the Number 17, and The Tonissian Colony.  Also, congratulations to J Delight for being named TSP's ambassador to Canada.  She has gotten right involved with the region on Jack Tarr's schooner.

Governmental Affairs

Hot topics of discussion in the cabinet have included a Recall Process for Ministers, an Appeals Process, and providing the Minister of Defense with administrative powers on the forum.

OOC Happenings:

On the gullibility test, most forum-dwellers scored in the top 5%, although some members questioned that percentage.

Jack Tarr went off on sailing trip IRL.

The Magnate of The Albertan Empire took a trip to Toronto.

Beaver-Country-Canada has been describing her first semester on campus as a fun time, except in English classes.

king_girl ran in a marathon.

Collected by Almonaster

You don't think "urban male magazine" brand feminine hygiene products would do well?
Emus in denial

So I guess I nodded out from the morphine and when I woke up I was the only one there and now here I am. Any TV dinners in the freezer?
Jack Tarr

No, Tetley's as in the delicious, cold, refreshing, frothy, served-by-a-hot-waitress, can-I-have-your-number, what-do-you-mean-I'm-not-your-type, smooth beer. It's a perfect pint.
Daemon

25 September 2005

Prepared by Judith Gap

Population: 286

Delegate: Checkers McDog (95 endorsements)

Diplomatic Events

None. Judith Gap, the Minister of Foreign Affairs is visiting regions he really likes, which ironically is all of them!

This report is sponsored by the exclamation point!

Regional Affairs:

Both The Magnate of the Albertan Empire and Saskatoon Saskatchewan received warnings for inappropriate behaviour and/or language on the forums.

Since Friday had an odd number for a date (Fractal Friday), members of the region switched their avatars to fractals!

The Minister of Beer and Doughnuts, Redundancies, posted landscapes of Canada.  Send a PM to your Canadian Ambassador to let us know which one is your favorite!

The Word Association game exceeded 20,000 posts.  That's 14.5% of the regions total posts!!!

Special welcome to newcomers: OntarioNation, Namyeknom, Roxygirl, and Canadanavia.

Governmental Affairs

Campaign threads opened during the last week, and the region! goes to the polls! this coming week.  !Next week's report will be delayed until after the elections.

Canada voted FOR the UN Resolution, "Label!ng Standards."

OOC Happenings:

News was forwarded to us that Mr. Popo was soon to be married.  Soon after that his high scores in our arcade began to be challenged.  49 was too many high scores to hold.

Collected by Almonaster

Now... what kind of salsa does one bring to a "stringing up?"
- Tiny Villages

I'm thinking that Carb is celebrating Talk Like A Ninja Day.
- J Delight

9 October 2005

Prepared by Judith Gap

Delegate: Checkers McDog (95 endorsements)

Diplomatic Events

None.  During elections, we are fairly quiet.

Regional Affairs:

Warnings were issued to Magnate of The Albertan Empire and Saskatoon Saskatchewan because of language violations.

The region recently voted to amend the constitution to give Powers of Administration on the forum to the Minister of Defense

The former Minister of Beer and Doughnuts, Redundancies, posted landscapes of Canada.

In sporting news, The Durass Daggers have won the City of Ehs penant.  The hockey season had begun with The Big Chill taking the top spot.  The 420 Leafs have vowed to leave the cellar of the league before the season's end.

KanaDa started her annual Thanksgiving Feast.

Special welcome to newcomers:

Sirkox, Homeless Comic Vender (HCV), Baba Gupta, Vatican Swiss Guard  Members, Ojibaway, Procyclo Biopharma, nickja, Kronemonsteland and co., speakerofthehouse, the smoking crater, Paladin Serene.  Congratualations to DSSSG on being named TPC's new ambassador and to Spanish Pacific who was recently named North Pacific's ambassador, and special Allied States of EuroIslanders visitor, Danitoria.

Welcome back to Elizabethian & Nick of North Pacific who have been through Katrina.

Governmental Affairs

We recently went through a period of elections, and our new cabinet is: 

Minister of Regional Affairs - canada6

Minister of Defence - Carbanousa (acclaimed)

Minister of Justice - hudson bay

Minister of Foreign Affairs - Judith Gap (acclaimed)

Minister of Doughnuts and Beer - Where Are the CBs

Canada is currently voting on the UN Resolution of Worldwide Media Act

Canada voted FOR the UN Resolution of the Fossil Fuel Reduction Act

Canada voted FOR a repeal of the UN Resolution - DVD Region Removal.

Canada voted FOR a repeal of the UN Resolution, "Promotion of Solar Panels."

OOC Happenings:

Recently Kanada asked forumites to participate in an experiment for her psychology class.  This was immediately followed up by Jack Tarr asking for women to help him study for his anatomy "class".

Daemon, Ess, and Mavenu all had dinner together in Vancouver.

With all his computer problems, Jack Tarr has become convinced that Dell is really a corruption of the contracted de'l (devil).

Parking and speeding violations were discussed.

Micon returned to the boards after a long absence.

Parrrrtay attended Slaugtered at Sundown:  Dee Snider from Twisted Sister, Haunted House, Bonfire, horror, donuts, gore, Haunted Hayride, and spiked cider!!  And what did she give the boards?

IMHO, If it doesn't get cold enough to make your nipples hard enough to cut glass, it's not really winter.
- Bweezy

I'm thinking I wish my boyfriend would stop bringing up meaningless and irritating things whenever we talk.
- Beaver-Country-Canada
Does anyone around here still pay any real attention to the UN?

Once in a while a superlative proposal / resolution comes along.

They're like blue-moons though - which unless you're a Smurf in a strip-club, are pretty rare

- Carbanousa

On an unrelated note, I listened to my wife threaten a bakery product with physical violence yesterday.
- Bweezy
Edited by Canada6

Thanks for the update, Canada6. I especially enojoy the random quotations.

On an unrelated note, I listened to my wife threaten a bakery product with physical violence yesterday.

laugh.gif

16 October 2005

Forum - Wiki - Webpage

Population: 300

Delegate: Checkers McDog (87 endorsements)

Diplomatic Events

Interregional basketball league has started in Equilism.  Interested players should contact Moishe in Equilism or Canada6 in Canada.

We would like to welcome Haor Chall, The Minister of External Affairs in The North Pacific, and Idunnowhat, The Minister of External Affairs, in North Pacific.  Also, congratulations to ZetaOne on being named ambassdor from The West Pacific.  Welcome to SensitiveMadScientists who is an ambassador from 10,000 Islands.

Regional Affairs:

Kana Da opened the region's first amusement park.  In the nation of Kronemonsteland, a Super Theme Park opened.

The Minister of Beer and Doughnuts, Where are the CBs, posted information on #2 on the list of Top Canadians, Terry Fox.

Special welcome to newcomers: NoFunNinjas and Red Ponies (Jet)

Governmental Affairs

Canada voted on another amendment to add recall procedures to the constitution.

Canada voted AGAINST the UN Resolution "Worldwide Media Act", which led to unusual amounts of discussion about a UN proposal.

Considerable time has been spent in discussing how best to photoshop new Deputy Prime Minister, Daemon, into a seafoam dress.

OOC Happenings:

Apparently Where are the CBs has squirrels in his head.

Daemon went to an OPETH concert and dislocated his shoulder in the mosh pit.

Parrrrtay went on a nature hike at Cuyahoga Valley National Park.

Checkers McDog was woken up by an apparently psychotic squirrel with a hissing problem one morning.

Micon, an old Canadian from far back in our past, has shown up again on our boards!  Many Canadians were happy to see him, and he says he will be sticking around a bit more often now.

We had a poll about who is naughtier -- J Delight or Jack Tarr!  Come cast your vote in favour of the naughtiest boardmate of ours!

Many of the forum dwellers were working very hard on midterm exams and projects.

Tiny Villages

Isn't asking "which of them [JT or JD] is naughtier" like asking "which was worse, the blue or the red Yugo?"

NoFunNinjas

sorry JD, he just seems like a creepy guy with a naughty secret

Jack Tarr

Looks like all my previous Chex worshiping has paid off.

Jack Tarr

How could she [J Delight] have commited the homocide when she was busy spanking me after I lost the naughty poll?

Editorial (jg): Based on the above quotes, we might conclude that Jack Tarr, although not actually creepy, has a few naughty secrets: cult worshipping (ok, that is a little creepy) and a fondness for being spanked. However, J Delight, by spanking him, has demonstrated her naughtiness.

30 October 2005

Forum - Wiki - Webpage

Population: 301

Delegate: Checkers McDog (82 endorsements)

Diplomatic Events

We have had a flurry of ambassadorial re-postings this week.  Congratulations to all of the new ambassadors from Canada. We have reestablished a diplomatic relationship with The North Pacific. Ambassador's Day will be celebrated on November 11 to honour the contributions of ambassadors from regions outside of Canada and especially to thank all of the ambassador's in Canada for their distinguished service.  Festivities will begin at 2:00 pm EDT and be held in the Diplomacy forum. Welcome to Baribeau from The North Pacific.Regional Affairs: Special welcome to newcomers: Pant Slacks, Gaspo, Chappaguiddick Island, and Butterkeys. In sporting news, Canada6 leads the hockey league.Governmental Affairs Canada voted FOR the Repeal of the UN Resolution "Protection of Dolphins Act".  Turnout for voting on this proposition was a record. Canada voted for another amendment to the constitution to create a vote of confidence for new Prime Ministers (elected through NS).OOC Happenings:Tiny Villages and king_girl celebrated their 10th anniversary! Checkers McDog had two midterms on the same day, and then promptly came home and bonked her head on her concrete mantle.  She also sold enough to make her wages $18 an hour at The Bay.Jack Tarr's computers seem to be working well enough to not require a service call for a week.Bweezy has made his 19th blood donation.  I believe he holds the record in Canada for most amount of blood donations... A new game this week was the "In my pants game" (It's not like that you perv.)  Add the phrase "in my pants to your favorite quotes.  Star Wars was an ever-popular set of quotes.Random Quotes from Discussion Boards

Grothistan

*runs in, grabs the ball of nachos, and discretely makes my way towards the exit*

Bweezy

Last night I shaved my emerging goatee, because my wife voiced her disapproval of it. I guess first I'll have to grow a spine, and *then* I'll grow a goatee.

6 November 2005

Forum - Wiki - Webpage

Population: 297

Delegate: Checkers McDog (86 endorsements)

Diplomatic Events

Canada is pleased to announce an exchange of ambassadors with Hyrule.  Many members of cabinet expressed excitement about our new friends. The West Pacific ended its diplomatic relationship with Canada, and we are awaiting to see how the region stabilizes, before attempting to re-open our embassy. TIME CHANGE Ambassador's Day will be celebrated on November 18 to honour the contributions of ambassadors from regions outside of Canada and especially to thank all of the ambassador's in Canada for their distinguished service.  Festivities will begin at 2:00 pm EDT and be held in the Diplomacy forum.Special welcome to SWATH of Nasicournia.Regional Affairs: Special welcome to newcomers: Find Me, Zarpiya, Omnivorous, and PBF.Governmental Affairs Canada voted AGAINST the Repeal of the UN Resolution "Fossil Fuel Reduction Act".  Canada voted FOR another amendment to the constitution to address issues with elevating deputies to cabinet.Random Quotes from Discussion Boards

Bamada

I wish I could donate blood, but I don't weigh enough. I tried once by stuffing my pockets with quarters, but they caught me.

bweezy

We ran out of Halloween Candy last night.  Mainly because I ate it all before the trick or treaters began arriving.

In an unrelated matter, I have a stomach ache this morning.

I love the Canadian update, it's better than ours, and that's swallowing alot of pride. tongue.gif

12 November 2005

Forum - Wiki - Webpage

Population: 295

Delegate: Checkers McDog (85 endorsements)

Diplomatic Events

REMINDER Ambassador's Day will be celebrated on November 18 to honour the contributions of ambassadors for their distinguished service.  Festivities will begin at 2:00 pm EDT and be held in the Diplomacy forum.

Regional Affairs:

In sporting news, Canada6 leads Canada's hockey league.

Special welcome to newcomers: dmitch, 100 donuts, triski, and Find Me.

Governmental Affairs

Zaripya introduced a proposal that UN resolutions be immune from repeal for a brief period of time.  Members of Canada did not seem enthusiatic about the idea. 
I don't think that many people find the UN to be a joke simply because resolutions get repealed quickly.  I think you will find that the rate of repeal is a symptom and not a cause of the UN's lack of credibility.
- Hudson Bay.

OOC Happenings:

kana da went back to Regina for the Remembrance Day weekend.

We had a small discussion about Max Barry's two novels Jennifer Government and Syrup, and how dirty Syrup was perceived to be by some of our members.

Butterkeys invited the forum to come out for a visit!!!!!

Checkers McDog went to an awards ceremony the night of November 7th. She was George Heller's liaison for the night. She also asked us for some advice on a paper she must write involving some advertisement analyses.

Our resident lawyer bweezy had some late nights working until 11:00... so he decided to take off early at 10:00 one night. He also went on a date with his wife earlier in the week.

Bamada's father has a rabid cat.

Daemon received some excellent scores on his GREs and is considering staying in North America to go to grad school!

The evil thread has seen quite a bit of activity this week.

Daemon - Remind me not to argue with you in a public place. The irresponsible use of pudding products is a pet peeve of mine.

Liarg - I did not kill anything yesterday.

Jack Tarr - And you want to be our latex salesman!!!

J Delight - I'm not bad I'm just drawn that way.... ummm... drat, not animated. Oh well, guess I am bad.

Daemon - What is this, evil one-upmanship?

I leave the toaster's crumb tray uncleaned for months! I violate copywrites! I flip off squirrels and elderly chipmunks!

27 November 2005

Prepared by Judith Gap

Forum (160,000 posts) - Wiki - Webpage

Delegate: Checkers McDog (87 endorsements)

Diplomatic Events

Ambassador's Day celebrations began on November 18 and have continued for quite some time. Participants enjoyed dancing, drinking, and desserts (NewTexas even brought the Texas sized grilling equipment). Diplomatic notables included: SWATH of Nasciournia, Hakenium of Belgium, Grothistan of Equilism, Idunnowhat of North Pacific, TheSensitiveNewAge of 10,000 Islands, NewTexas of Texas, Meteoric Peoples of WWSeti, Pacifist Cowards of Q102, and DSSSG of of The Proletariat Coalition.

Welcome to the North Pacific's new ambassador, Great Bights Mum.

Welcome to the newly elected Foreign Minister of The West Pacific, Neandertron.

Regional Affairs:

In sporting news, Canada6 has extended its lead over Canada's hockey league.  Meanwhile KanaDa has claimed the other end of the league.

Special welcome to newcomers: egglatin, le canada, kweezy, conguered-land, jaldar, Spellbinder, Vexillog

Governmental Affairs

Cabinet is gathering information about how various regions recruit new nations.  If your region has a process it would be willing to share, please PM either me (Judith Gap) or the ambassador to your region.

Canada voted AGAINST the UN proposal - UN Small Business Education.

Canada voted FOR the UN proposal - IT Education Act.

OOC Happenings:

Elizabiethian announced that she would be on the boards infrequently.  The region demanded her return and promised to release three political prisoners in exchange.

In summary, people complained about the weather and about having a lot of homework, even though people who reported their grades have done well on that homework.  Other people were sick, others walked out of church because the preacher was a woman, and still others went shopping.

Parrrrtay - I always thought anyone can spread the word of God.  I didn't know there were God spreading rules.

Carbanousa - Note to self: never trust a Penguin with a machete.

Jack Tarr - I think JD should show all of us her sock puppet.

Ess - I'm thinking "damn you gov'mint types!  You make me think there's a new post to read, but, nooooooooo!  You all are posting in your special little forum."    dry.gif

*sighs*

sad.gif

Edited by Canada6

My RL obligations have been simply overwhelming in the past month. Huge steps in my personal and professional life were successfully taken during that time. Gladly this bittersweet period is finally over with the end result of 9 months working on a project being a resounding success.

I have shamefully neglected to post the last two consecutive Ambassador Reports on time. My apologies to Equilism, Canada and the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Judith Gap. All three deserve much better.

I hope the reports will be enjoyed nonetheless.