New Eunomia

- Ambassador's Report -

What? No record of Canadians premptively conceding defeat to me in the baseball pool preseason? tongue.gif

NEVER!!! dwarf.gif

I like my chances. I've got the best bullpen by far.

This week there will be no ambassador report either. I have been asked to write a description of Equilism, my experience here, and a few of its members.

I'll be posting that in a short while.

Equilism is a beacon of democratic stability and a model region.

Putting aside its obvious qualities and virtues, the Open Debate Forum is always an interesting place for this ambassador to participate in. In short, Equilism is my second home as I've never withdrawn or felt the need to hold back from sharing my opinions and thoughts, however poorly constructed they usually are. laugh.gif

There are three members that because of their consistent participation in the Open Debate Forum, I feel are worth mentioning and that form a triangular sample of Equilism. This is naturally unfair to other members who are just as worthy and deserving allthough the follwoing three have been more present in the Open Debate Forum.

Chaucerin is the pillar of wisdom, knowledge, experience and calm.

Then there is Neo-Conservatism and FarmerLaborers. Both have shown an astounding understanding of politics at such a young age.

Some advice from someone who did not possess even a fraction of either's understanding at the same age. If you can stay on track and keep learning as you go, a little piece of this planet’s future will surely be yours to mould.

Report from Canadauser posted image

21 March 2006

Prepared by king-girl, Where are the CBs, Tiny Villages, Parrrrtay, and Judith Gap

Forum (191,604 posts) - Wiki - Webpage

Population: 284 nations

Delegate: Carbanousa (75 endorsements)

Diplomatic Events

Although flattered, Canada voted against exchanging embassies with Christian Outreach, and International Democratic Union.

Regional Affairs:

Sports

Fantasy Hockey

-Canada6 continues their domination of the Birth Place of Hockey league with over 3000 pts more then second place Durass Dreadnaughts. Though the real story this week is: Where did the Number 17 go? Hmmm, freaky.

Fantasy Basketball

- Equalism and Canada Basketball league is turning into a sprint to the end of the regular season, with both Nooterlands, and Canada6 (our sporting nation)

securing a playoff spot. With the trade deadline fastly approaching many expect an exciting week to come.

Fantasy Baseball

-The NS Warriors Baseball league has been drafted. It sports 12 teams, including the Sport Juggernauts Canada6 Maple Jays (that actually sounds like it’d taste good). The season looks to be long and full of surprises.

Special welcome to new members: Ellen, The Fiefdom of Stinky Buds, The Jolly Roger Despotate of Kotanik, The Community of Joe Bobs, The Democratic Republic of Lobago, The Grand Duchy of Cymraega, and Jonquiere-Tadoussac, Foreign Affairs from International Democratic Union.

Governmental Affairs

There has been talk of starting a regional newspaper

Canada voted:a tie on UN Resolution at Vote, Right to Form Unions therefore a vote was withheld.

a new Amendment was added to our Constitution

OOC Happenings:

Watercooler Happenings

- A recent challenge has been made to ParrrrTay for CrAzIeSt by relative newcomer to the region, Kotanic. In the end, our poll showed that ParrrrTay unsurprisingly retains her title.

- Kana Da has been busy making some great avi's for many of the people in the region. They are now proudly displayed.

The Arcade

- Judith Gap is whupping butt in our latest game:

Death Jr., Another mindless exploding hamster game The man's obsessed, I tell ya!

Random Quotes
Blackshear - Can plumbing, in general, ever be funny?

Judith Gap-I was doing very well, except, ummm, how can I say this. Don't move the ladder unless you've taken the bucket of paint off it.

Kotanik - Describe the Next Poster  V isn't a mime

Redundancies - She never told me she *was* a mime!

Here is King Girl's first report as Minister of Foreign Affairs. As form me... late posting the report as usual. ph34r.gif

9 April 2006

Prepared by Canada6, 420_Celebrants and General BenjaminA

Forum (195,690 posts) - Wiki - Webpage - NS Canadian Press

Population: 285

Delegate: Carbanousa (76 endorsements)

Diplomatic Events

Newly elected Minister of Foreign Affairs, Canada6, dropped by each region that shares formal diplomatic relations with Canada to say hello.

A contest for the construction of a new building to house the Texas embassy was opened.

Canada received a visit from Northern Chittowa, Green-ville, and the Founder of North Sweden.

Regional Affairs:

The Beaver's Bugle's grand opening caused a buzz throughout the region as member flocked to the newspaper stands to catch the headlines. The first edition features an editorial on upcoming changes to NationStates and also a double interview of Minister of Justice, Parrrrty and Minister of Foreign Affairs, Canada6.

Special welcome to new members: Deikura, DLazer151 and Octane20.

Regional activities were halted due to the transition period of the newly elected cabinet.

Sports

Fantasy Basketball

As the season narrows down to its closing moments the final four placed Moishers against Nooterland Nets, and Canada6 against oy givolters. Nooterlands crushed Moishers and will face Canada6 in the finals after the latter narrowly defeated oy givolters by turning a 4-5 defeat into a 5-4 victory on the very last day.

Fantasy Hockey

Canada6 continues to lead by slightly under 3000 points. Durass Dreadnaughts is in second place while 420Leafs managed to gain some good ground while trailing in 3rd place. The playoffs will begin on the 20th April.

Fantasy Baseball

Canada6 has jumped out to an early lead in the first week of the baseball season. After a quick start 420's worries were confirmed as he was slightly bumped down the standings to 4th place. The Red Riders are in 2nd place while the always competitive Nooterland Nemesis are in 3rd.

Governmental Affairs

Recent Elections Results

Prime Minister/Delegate: Carbanousa (passed vote of confidence)

Minister of Regional Affairs: 4:20 Celebrants (acclaimed)

Minister of Defence: Defectiveness (acclaimed)

Minister of Justice: Parrrrtay (acclaimed)

Minister of Foreign Affairs: Canada6 (acclaimed after other contestants pulled out)

Minister of Beer and Doughnuts: Redundancies (acclaimed)

Votes of Confidence for Deputy Ministers

Deputy Prime Minister: kana da

Deputy Minister of Regional Affairs: Ess

Deputy Minister of Defence: Daemon

Deputy Minister of Justice: Jack_Tarr

Deputy Minister of Beer and Doughnuts: king_girl

UN Resolutions:

Against - Nuclear Non-Proliferation Act

For - Maritime Safety Standards Act

For - Repeal Scientific Freedom

Random Quotes from Discussion Boards

kana da - Belinda Stronach is Canada's answer to Paris Hilton.
Defectiveness - There's a little box down on Apathy Avenue, not far off of Stoicism Street. You may address your concerns via that box.
Ess - See?! A shiv to the kidney isn't so bad after all! biggrin.gif
Defectiveness - L'eggo my eggo!
Daemon - The chickpea is neither a chicken, nor a pea. Discuss.
Parrrrty - Due to money shortage, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off!

And here we go.

17 April 2006

Prepared by Canada6

Forum (197,371 posts) - Wiki - Webpage

Population: 287

Delegate: Carbanousa (82 endorsements)

Diplomatic Events

King Eustace II from the region N Ireland and Klopstock from GB&I have recently paid Canada a visit.

king_girl was appointed as the new Canadian Ambassador to The South Pacific.

Canada has decided not to pursue a mutual non-aggression pact with Great Britain & Ireland.

After a revision of the rules, the Texas embassy building contest is now officially open.

In conformity with established policy, Canada has rejected an alliance with the region of N Ireland while welcoming the prospect of establishing formal diplomatic relations with N Ireland if they continue to grow in numbers and democratic stability.

The Texas embassy has gifted Canada with an extraordinary BBQ.

Regional Affairs:

Special welcome to new members and visitors: Hamsters, The Irish Rover, Pvt.Weasel(Carmik), Rhova, Ivia and Imperfectia.

The region has engaged in an insightful discussion on the recent changes to NationStates.

Ess and 420_Celebrants have re-vived two old games in the Arcade forum. Stick Avalanche and Falldown. Few of those who played falldown were indifferent to the music.

Defectiveness (Minister of Defence) posted an influence explained thread in the FAQ sub-forum.

Sports

In a discussion concerning the current status of the Canadian Sporting Association (CSA), cake was readily provided by Ess.

Fantasy Basketball

The Nooterland Nets have been crowned champions as they defeated Canada6 in the final by a score of 7-2. The Nooterlands Nets was the dominant team all season long and out-classed a "Chris Bosh-less" Canada6. Congratulations to the winner.

Fantasy Hockey

Canada6 continues to lead by with 29,551 points. Durass Dreadnaughts (26,964 pts) is in second place while 420Leafs (24,534 pts) is in 3rd place. The season will grind to a halt on the 18th of April.

Fantasy Baseball

Canada6 continues to consolidate his early lead after the first two weeks of the baseball season, highlighted by Albert Pujols' eight Home Runs. Three of them came on Easter Sunday against the Reds. After a quick drop in the standings 420 has recovered and holds 2nd place. The Durass Daggers hold 3rd place.

UN Resolutions:
  • Against -
Auto Free Trade Agreement

Against - Repeal - Hydrogen Powered Vehicles

Carbanousa - "Hallelujah!"

420_Celebrants - "It's a sad day when you feel too old because you couldn't understand the slang your friends little brother was using in a conversation with you and then ten minutes later feel too young because you couldn't understand the slang that two more "life-experienced" board members were using."

Daemon - "What song will play at my funeral? Meshuggah – Soul Burn (Aw crap.)"

kana da - "Never eat chocolate before bed. You will end up with a dream that will require a lifetime of therapy so that you can even function somewhat normally."

Daemon - "As a computer scientist, personal grooming is not a skill that we are expected to have mastered."

420_Celebrants - "Cake. We need cake."

Another week, another report.

Canada6 gave me a hell of a run for the NBA championship - my hat is off to you, good sir. But you guys are spanking me in baseball, so it'll all come around smile.gif

I tried to join your forum, Canada6, but I have yet to be confirmed. Perhaps you could pull some strings for me?

Sure thing.

One of our three admins, Prime Minister, Minister of Defense or Minister of Regional Affairs usually set the validation to manual during elections. Its been three weeks since then. If you will excuse me I have some watermelon smashing to do. clap.gif

Welcome aboard FL. Enjoy your stay. If you have any problems with the viewing/posting privileges of your user mask please let me know.

26 April 2006

Prepared by Canada6 and Judith Gap. Special thanks to the Canadian Cabinet and the Canadian Regional Defense Force.

Forum (199,016 posts) - Wiki - Webpage

Population: 273

Delegate: Carbanousa (87 endorsements)

Diplomatic Events

Visiting Dignitary: A special welcome to FarmerLaborers and Italgria as both have recently visited Canada from Equilism and Europa respectively. Italgria is the new ambassador from Europa to Canada.

Parrrrtay has been appointed ambassador to North Pacific.

Diplomatic relations were established with Aberdeen, and embassies were inaugurated in both regions. 420_Celebrants is the ambassador to Aberdeen.

Regional Affairs:

Special welcome to new members: Meridian and Sachyriel.

Judith Gap has passed a vote of confidence for his position as Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs. A single voter spoiled a unanimous result of 15-1. (Actually JG failed to have self-confidence).

Regional interest has drawn its attention to a race for the upcoming 200,000th post and Minister of Doughnuts and Beer, Redundancies, has revived the Canadiana III topic by posting on Canada's successful and fair economic model.

Fantasy Baseball

The Red Riders have upended Canada6 Maple Jays and claimed first place with great performances from several key players. Ess' Boys are now positioned in 3rd place in a very different looking standing from last week.

UN Resolutions:
  • Against -
Repeal "Banning the use of Landmines"

Defectiveness - I'm thinking it's 23C, and April. This leads me to think something to the effect of "what the hell is going on here?"
420_Celebrants - Toronto Maple Leafs in 7,845 games.
Judith Gap - I can't tell if it is that men love women here or if all the women here are attractive. I think I have a research project for the summer.
Defectiveness - I began my trail to geekdom by skipping my first gym classes because of square dancing. I was in grade three. user posted image

SPECIAL REPORT - Ejection of General BenjaminA

With overwhelming evidence of numerous (and recent) attempts to subvert the rule of governments outside of Canada, including the New Pacific Order, as well as U.N. multi-ing, the cabinet of Canada has ejected General BenjaminA (GBA). The cabinet grew increasingly concerned that GBA's actions would damage Canada's reputation for neutrality.

His individual actions are in direct conflict with Canada's Ejection and Board Suspension Guidelines, which state: " The delegate may eject any nation for any other reason upon consultation with Cabinet and majority approval of Cabinet for the ejection or an Administrator of the offsite board can suspend an offsite account with the majority approval of cabinet for the following reason: d.) using Canada as a hidden base of operations for an invasion without authorization."

A full detailed report can be read here.

/me wipes sweat off brow.

Serving as ambassador to Equilism as I have for some time now, I have grown a great affection for this region, its members and its system. The formal boundaries of my duty as the Canadian Minister of Foreign Affairs require me to abide to both written and unwritten laws of conduct, particularly when internal affairs of Equilism are concerned.

On the same token I cannot help being sensitive to the recent issue being discussed and that is currently showing strong signs of discordance. The Moo-Cows with Guns, Military Ministry Official Review.

While acknowledging Moo-Cows with Guns' contribution and historic role in Equilism, it is my sincere desire that this process may be carried out to a conclusion with the utmost diligence and fairness, in a manner that will ultimately not divide this region, while in keeping with the resounding and categorical democratic principles of Equilism,

I will not officially take sides in this matter while speaking on behalf of Canada, although I have issued my informal personal opinion to Westwind.

Your friendly ambassador as always,

Canada6,

MoFA, Canada.

I will not officially take sides in this matter while speaking on behalf of Canada, although I have issued my informal personal opinion to Westwind.

Your friendly ambassador as always,

Canada6,

MoFA, Canada.

Can we annex you? You'd make a great Equilism citizen...

And you're a darn good diplomat too.

7 May 2006

Prepared by Canada6

Forum (201,129 posts) - Wiki - Webpage

Population: 295

Delegate: Carbanousa (89 endorsements)

Diplomatic Events

Visiting Dignitaries: Haelhan the newly appointed ambassador from Liberalia and Coretta from Aberdeen introduced themselves to the region. A friendly welcome goes out to both diplomats.

Anti-Racism Coalition - Joe Bobs presented a preliminary proposal for an inter-regional coalition, whose aim is to eradicate or discourage racism in NationStates. This inadvertently led to a fascinating discussion on the issue.

The Canadian embassy in The Proletariat Coalition was officially re-created this week, after the TPC's migration to a new regional forum. An ambassador will be appointed shortly.

laughterandsunshine's entry in the Texas Embassy Building contest has been voted as the new Texas embassy building in Canada. The building will be inaugurated shortly.

Regional Affairs:

Special welcome to new members: Peperna and Prince County.

The race for the 200,000th post was won by Kotanik. As a prize he was entitled to an obnoxiously large banner of being the 200,000th poster. Fortunately the prize did not involve ninjas.

Canada6 has been on a tear of Wiki editing recently. Canada's NS wiki page has been growing at a steady pace.

Fantasy Baseball - The Red Riders continue to rise head and shoulders above the rest, led by an instrumental Ryan Howard at the plate along with consistent pitching. Neocons are currently in 2nd place and Canada6 trails behind in 3rd.

UN Resolutions:

Against - UN Patent Law

Against - Waste Disposal Covenant

Kotanik - ninjas
Jack Tarr - Around here, a Philly Buster is a giant cheese steak sandwich
Canada6 - If I see another "Error in fetchObject(): User 'goobergunch1' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 72000)" my keyboard is flying out the window.
Jack Tarr - Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahchoooooooooooooooooo.
Kotanik - ninjas ninjas
Carbanousa - *sprays self with ninja repellent*
Kotanik - ninjas ninjas ninjas

This weeks ambassador's report, or how I learned to stop worrying and cope with ninja crazed members.