[SC Resolution] Repeal "Liberate Alliance Against Nazis"  

7 members have voted

1. 1. How shall the Delegate vote?

• For
    • Against
    • Abstain

SECURITY COUNCIL RESOLUTION AT VOTE

Repeal "Liberate Alliance Against Nazis"

A resolution to repeal previously passed legislation.

Category: Repeal

Resolution: SC#195

Proposed by: Adytus

Description: WA Security Council Resolution #195: Liberate Alliance Against Nazis shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: The Security Council,

Recognizing that SC # 195 was passed with the intentions of saving the region from annexation by invading forces; however, this attempt was a failure, and the region has been re-founded by invaders.

Understanding that the region liberated by SC # 195 was used as a staging point for military operations, and was not the direct homeland of the native community.

Disappointed that brutes of condemnable nature will continue to maintain control of the region, and that the liberation has become a memorial for their disgusting ideology.

Wishing the best of luck to the anti-fascist community; the lost of a military staging point is only a set back, and should not hinder the spirit of the defender community working against fascist ideology.

Believing that SC # 195 no longer serves a functional purpose, and that the resolution should be marked from the record.

Hereby Repeals: “Liberate Alliance Against Nazis.”

Voting Ends: 6 June 2016, 9:00 PM Pacific Time (PDT/UTC -7). As noted above this thread will automatically lock at 8:45 PM PDT on that date.

Edict: The Security Council resolution Repeal "Liberate Alliance Against Nazis" was passed 11,536 votes to 2,885.

Edited by Isaris

22 hours ago, Hyper Hippies said:

oh GOD. What does this even mean in plain English?  Too many years abroad means "I no so well English!"

Back in April, the region of Alliance Against Nazis was occupied by The Fascist Order and they have since completely taken control of the region, seemingly permanently. The defender community was very upset as this region was used as a staging ground to launch raids against, as the name suggests, Nazi-themed regions, but also other fascist and raider regions.

Liberations are Security Council resolutions that prevent a password from being put onto the region for a certain period of time (if I'm not mistaken, anyway), so after the region was invaded, people on that side of the spectrum were clamoring to keep the region password-free so defenders/liberators could move in.

However, any type of action toward liberating the region from the invaders (which I haven't been following) has clearly been unsuccessful, and the invaders have taken the Liberation stamp up as a sign of their victory. Now, the defenders want to take off the shiny badge.

Honestly, my opinion is this... I'm weary of this raider/defender nonsense polluting the Security Council. I believe that what defenders do is honorable... or at least what they used to do, but actively disrupting raider regions is not "defending", imo, which is what many seem to do now. The Security Council shouldn't be taking sides on that spectrum of game-play, either.

Honestly though, it still amazes me the level of politics, war, and maneuvering that this game has developed considering its origins.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2016 at 1:58 PM, Hyper Hippies said:

Honestly though, it still amazes me the level of politics, war, and maneuvering that this game has developed considering its origins.

Nowadays there are a lot of regions based around certain political ideologies, such as fascism, communism, and democracy. I'd like to say that most regions have democratic governments, but I don't know that for sure. There seems to be a lot of bad blood between the fascists and communists in particular, I might add, oddly mirror RL history.

Edit: For the record, I abstained on this but I'm keeping this one out of the archives for now.

Edited by Isaris