Sign in to follow this  
Isaris

Midsummer Nights Festival Planning

This is an idea for an Equilism Presents event to be held from June 21 to July 5. The Midsummer Nights Festival would be similar to the Summer Debate Contest '09 in that it would be heavily centered around debating topics, and feature the theme that debaters and listeners are gathered around a bonfire on a midsummer night.

However, rather than one-on-one debates between two people, I think it would be better to have open debates. The debate boards have always seen a lot activity in our region. While new threads could certainly be made for the event, older threads from that board could be temporarily moved or linked to in a list.

I'd like to include more activities, though, such as @Kubrikistan's Murder Puzzle game that he's coming up with. If he's up for it, I'd like it to be something numerous people could participate in as I'd also like to invite people from other regions to join us for this event. I was thinking we could invite TWP, Europeia, TNP, WZEU, and Yggdrasil in the least, and am open to inviting others as well.

Another activity I'd like to include is a Hearthstone tournament, hosted by the Equilism Gaming Guild (me and any other helpers I can get). I'm still working on the format for this tournament, but I'd like to get at least 8 participants. I'm going to try my best to design awards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners but if anyone would like to volunteer to design these, that would be very much appreciated as I'm not great at art. X3

Thoughts? Any ideas for other activities?

• Like 1

Let think this is a terrific idea. I think we should invite everyone we have an Embassy with  as summer can be hit or miss with participation.

Let me know what I can do to help.

Same!  Although, my help will be limited.  I'm working 9-10 hours a day for the next 4 weeks.  I can help with ideas maybe, but I can't promise much more than that.

Since my classes are in hold until further notice (QAQ)

I have lot's of free time I'm looking forward to kill so, You can ask me for help with anything and I'll come running :DD

I'm enjoying this idea so far ;) 

I'm glad that you guys like this idea so far.

On 6/7/2016 at 6:41 AM, Yakitzland said:

Since my classes are in hold until further notice (QAQ)

I have lot's of free time I'm looking forward to kill so, You can ask me for help with anything and I'll come running :DD

I'm enjoying this idea so far ;) 

Do you think you could come up with a spam game or two? Maybe another European Hyper Points Battle list. Those are always fun, until the end, anyways. :P

On 6/7/2016 at 5:44 AM, Pooch said:

Let think this is a terrific idea. I think we should invite everyone we have an Embassy with  as summer can be hit or miss with participation.

Let me know what I can do to help.

Can you gauge/spur some interest in TWP for us?

On 6/7/2016 at 5:49 AM, Hyper Hippies said:

Same!  Although, my help will be limited.  I'm working 9-10 hours a day for the next 4 weeks.  I can help with ideas maybe, but I can't promise much more than that.

I'd be thrilled just to see you be able to participate, HH! I know you're really busy! Your best recruitment efforts seem to be the RL ones, so far, though. Maybe some of your friends might be interested in the Hearthstone tournament?

Just an update here. I asked Yakitz to design awards for the Hearthstone tournament over Skype and she said she will work on that. Yay!

Now I would like to make up a flyer and have the sign-up sheet started for the tournament but with no word from West on what he thinks, I'm hesitant to move forward. It would be nice to have the Equilism Presents area be used and the description updated for the Festival.

You can certainly include the Murder Mystery in these plans! I wasn't in the mood to think of (fictional) murder these past few days, but I do have the basics planned, so Midsummer opening is perfect! :)

• Like 1

On 6/9/2016 at 7:30 AM, Isaris said:

I'd be thrilled just to see you be able to participate, HH! I know you're really busy! Your best recruitment efforts seem to be the RL ones, so far, though. Maybe some of your friends might be interested in the Hearthstone tournament?

Haha!  I've already asked a few people, actually.  All of my friends are lazy...

On 6/16/2016 at 6:17 AM, Kubrikistan said:

You can certainly include the Murder Mystery in these plans! I wasn't in the mood to think of (fictional) murder these past few days, but I do have the basics planned, so Midsummer opening is perfect! :)

I think this will be quite fun!  I wish my students had stuck around, since we just finished Serial. :(

@Whamabama@Chaucerin - I plan to move some threads from the debate board to the Equilism Presents area (I will leave links and they'll be moved back after). We need the description for that area to be changed to reflect the Festival. I've been waiting for West to do this but he has been absent...

17 minutes ago, Whamabama said:

I think I can handle that for you.

Thanks! Have you heard from West lately? I haven't seen him around here for awhile. :(

must have needed a break.  Maybe enjoying the summer a bit.  The rainy season just started here.

"  from June 21 to July 5 "

Wait, did I miss it all?  Or did we push it back?

20 minutes ago, Hyper Hippies said:

must have needed a break.  Maybe enjoying the summer a bit.  The rainy season just started here.

"  from June 21 to July 5 "

Wait, did I miss it all?  Or did we push it back?

Don't worry, you weren't the only one. :P

I tried pretty hard to advertise it abroad, but it just didn't get that much attention. This summer is hitting all of NS!