Sign in to follow this  
Isaris

Equilism Gaming Guild

Welcome to the Equilism Gaming Guild, which hopes to become a thriving organization dedicated to all things gaming! Most people think about video games these days when they hear/read the word "gaming", but the Equilism Gaming Guild is open to fans of all kinds of games. Board games, video games, word games, even sports!

For now we can only be this thread, but if there's enough interest and members, we could get our own sub-forum! If you'd like to join the Equilism Gaming Guild and help make that happen, please simply state so in this thread. You don't have to be a member to post here, but it'd be really appreciated if you joined. The only requirement to be a member is to have an active account here on the Equilism forum.

In the future, there will be a badge created for members to proudly show off in their signatures as well! :)

Members (9)

Isaris [Founder]

Sunny D [Founding Member]

Kuramia [Founding Member]

Aexnidaral Seymour

Kubrikistan

Yakitzland

Hyper Hippies

Dotacal

Cadmus

Well, that's all that formal stuff out of the way! Sit back, relax, and talk about your favorite games here!

~*<>*~|~*<>*~|~*<>*~|~*<>*~|~*<>*~

Info: The Equilism Gaming Guild has its own Steam group! You can check out the group by clicking here. Joining the group is not required but it will enable video game fans to interact with each other more, and possibly even play their favorite games together! To become a part of the group, you must be invited by a member, so please message Thriorion (me) on Steam to request an invite. Please note that we are using the base design of Astarial's proposed new symbol for Equilism as the avatar for the Guild. You can find that symbol in the Public Courtyard to weigh in on the discussion.

Edited by Isaris
added new member
  • Like 1

Brilliant! I'm an avid gamer, I'd like to join. Looking forward to geeking about games with equlismers. ^_^

Should we introduce our relevant gaming interests? Mention our favorite games etc.?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kubrikistan said:

Brilliant! I'm an avid gamer, I'd like to join. Looking forward to geeking about games with equlismers. ^_^

Should we introduce our relevant gaming interests? Mention our favorite games etc.?

Wonderful! I'll add you to the list.

You can talk about any games you want here! Post YouTube videos, post screenshots, whatever you'd like as long as it follows forum guidelines. :)

EQLGG members and other gaming enthusiasts, for the next hour or so, you can tune in to God Mode with Kuramia at this link: www.mixlr.com/ebc-radio

This online radio show is, of course, hosted by our very own founding member, Kuramia. For those who aren't aware or don't read the Isari Times, Kuramia is the Minister of Communications in Europeia, meaning it's part of her job to manage the programs on the EBC Radio on Mixlr (an Internet radio service). Don't worry if you don't have time to tune in! I'll be posting a link to the showreel once this episode is over. :)

EDIT: The show has been over for a couple of hours now. In case you missed it, here's a link to it in the showreel: http://mixlr.com/ebc-radio/showreel/god-mode-with-kuramia-civil-war-marvel/

Edited by Isaris
added showreel link
  • Like 1

I've requested your friendship on steam :P

I'd love an invite into the group!

I really like both video games and board games.  I sadly don't have enough time for either (well, not as much as I'd like).

I actually hosted an International Tabletop Day 2 weeks ago.  It didn't have many people, but I was involved in a game at all times from a little before noon to about 10pm, so I was happy, even if often there was only one game going on.  I think I played 8 different games over the course of the day.  I took all of my games with me.  I made a list of them for the event, which made me realize that I have A LOT of games!!

13076683_10209386874098670_2316367498409

I actually play a number of the games with my students, especially the deception games like Saboteur, The Resistance, Coup, Werewolf: Inquisition, and Mascarade.  They enjoy playing, lying, and accusing each other.  I enjoy the true depths of deception...

As far as video games, I mostly play Blizzard games.  I've played WoW off and on for 10 years.  I'd love to play more, but once again, it's a time issue.  Too much on my plate always.  I have a number of games on my steam account that I really want to try, though.  I'm thinking about trying out a game ever 2 months and trying to work through them.  I have a bad habit of buying too many things on Humble Bundle.

Edited by Hyper Hippies
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Hyper Hippies said:

I've requested your friendship on steam :P

I'd love an invite into the group!

I really like both video games and board games.  I sadly don't have enough time for either (well, not as much as I'd like).

I actually hosted an International Tabletop Day 2 weeks ago.  It didn't have many people, but I was involved in a game at all times from a little before noon to about 10pm, so I was happy, even if often there was only one game going on.  I think I played 8 different games over the course of the day.  I took all of my games with me.  I made a list of them for the event, which made me realize that I have A LOT of games!!

13076683_10209386874098670_2316367498409

I actually play a number of the games with my students, especially the deception games like Saboteur, The Resistance, Coup, Werewolf: Inquisition, and Mascarade.  They enjoy playing, lying, and accusing each other.  I enjoy the true depths of deception...

As far as video games, I mostly play Blizzard games.  I've played WoW off and on for 10 years.  I'd love to play more, but once again, it's a time issue.  Too much on my plate always.  I have a number of games on my steam account that I really want to try, though.  I'm thinking about trying out a game ever 2 months and trying to work through them.  I have a bad habit of buying too many things on Humble Bundle.

Suuuuuuuure, I send you my Steam name in PM and get no response, but Isaris makes a thread and you're right on it. :P <3 Also, I have a couple of the same board games you do so I have further confirmation that you're cool.

Go ahead and add me to the Steam group if you want, I've added Isaris and HH as friends. I probably don't have many games that the rest of you have but we could work something out.

Edited by Zeorus
  • Like 1

By the way, I wanted to share this with everyone... after I opened up this thread, I played Hearthstone and opened up a new pack. I got a golden legendary! It's a really good new one too!

Here is a screenshot:

Spoiler

Hearthstone%20Screenshot%2005-13-16%2000

3 hours ago, Zeorus said:

Suuuuuuuure, I send you my Steam name in PM and get no response, but Isaris makes a thread and you're right on it. :P <3 Also, I have a couple of the same board games you do so I have further confirmation that you're cool.

Go ahead and add me to the Steam group if you want, I've added Isaris and HH as friends. I probably don't have many games that the rest of you have but we could work something out.

Wait, what???  Did I eventually get it or totally miss it???  Send it to me again so I know which one you are and can add a nickname, or so I can add you if I haven't.  I thought you only sent your Skype~!

Somebody add me on Steam! I am irishmangoes, I think.

TheGrimReaper and I like to play AOE together. Sometimes a couple other people play too. Grim and I also have teamed up on an MMO because it's more fun together than alone. ^_^

• Like 1

Oooh are we posting pics? I'll have to soon!

I'm Kurami and I consider myself more an old school gamer. By that I mean I enjoy the classic Atari games as well as Text-based games like the infamous Zork and lesser known but also infamous Bulletin Board System (this is before the internet, kids) games like Legend of the Red Dragon.

I love the great hits such as Baldur's Gate, Bard's Quest, and Castle of the Winds, Skyroads, Traffic Department 2024...the list could go on!

I also love a ton of modern games, and though I started on the PC, I've embraced the console with Bioshock, Dragon Age (first played on PC), Dead Space, and etc.

I also do MMO's like City of Villains, WoW, Swtor, ARK, Minecraft....

I'll basically try any game where I have some character creation control, a good choice system, or 'oh god please let me stealth' modes.

And yes, I do pen and paper RPGs and board games!

• Like 2

Anyone here play/interested in Dwarf fortress?, I thought maybe we could an Equilism play on, if some people were interested.

Edited by tarricoe

Just now, tarricoe said:

Anyone here play/interested in Dwarf fortress?, I thought maybe we could an Equilism play on, if some people were interested.

I didn't realize it was still possible to play that game! I'd be interested in giving it a try. I play a game that's inspired by Dwarf Fortress, so I'd probably like it.

7 hours ago, Astarial said:

TheGrimReaper and I like to play AOE together. Sometimes a couple other people play too. Grim and I also have teamed up on an MMO because it's more fun together than alone. ^_^

Zeorus said that he's added you on Steam and is waiting for you to accept. The Steam group's invite settings are set to friends only because I only want people who use our forum to be members of the group. They don't have to be a member of the Guild itself, but they have to have an account on the Equilism forum, at least. There could be exceptions but they'll be on a case-by-case basis.

2 minutes ago, Isaris said:

I didn't realize it was still possible to play that game! I'd be interested in giving it a try. I play a game that's inspired by Dwarf Fortress, so I'd probably like it.

It's still being worked on and I'm not sure it will ever be finished.

For those that don't know Dwarf Fortress is a super simple and also super complex basebuilding game, it has 3 dimensions but is presented in 2 and is the work of one mathematician with some creative input from his brother. 

I've heard it's a really fun game and would love to try it out! How would we get together for it?

Oh, How did I miss this?!

I would like to Join the Gaming Guild as well \o/

I love puzzle games and rythm games the most but, i'll play anything that's fun or has a thrilling and captivating plot, really :D (Surprise me~)

Currently playing -> Umineko no Naku Koro Ni Chiru, Still on episode 5 tho XD (I lack time)

I just got my mom's PC, she has borrowed me it for mostly college purposes but, I can play lighter stuff here as well ^^

I wish I could join the Steam group but, I don't think this notebook can handle steam... I'll probably test it and give a feedback later this week (Would be good if it worked... I miss playing Starbound and Battle Block Theater :/ )

Dwarf Fortress huh? Never heard of it but it sounds fun :33

• Like 1

I'll join too.

Dwarf Fortress.

I haven't played it in a while so I'd make sure I still know how to play, and whatever changes and game breaking bugs have been added in the past year or so.

Since people seem to be interested I'll start a separate thread and Armok willing, found fort Equilism when I get home tonight. We'll go from there hopefully after I have it up and running, I'll be able upload the save file and have another player take over and play for a bit, then another, a la BoatMurdered

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Bloodline:Boatmurdered

http://lparchive.org/Dwarf-Fortress-Boatmurdered/

Edited by tarricoe

On 5/14/2016 at 9:04 PM, Kuramia said:

also infamous Bulletin Board System (this is before the internet, kids) games like Legend of the Red Dragon.

I was a SysOp of my own BBS before the internet, Spectrum West BBS (Seattle area). The two most popular games were Tradewars and Legend of the Red Dragon. When the internet came along, two other SysOps and I were discussing becoming Internet Providers.  We'd estimated it'd take $20k to start.  Instead ended up loosely working with local independent provider Eskimo North. My nick on Eskimo was Elias, and elsewhere became Olias or Nemesis.  I still have my BBS files archived.  A couple years ago I was looking at an internet version of Tradewars to set up a new game.  It was a pretty technical setup though, to try to get an old game like that to work.

First PC game I had:  Rogue (ASCII 'graphics'), on an 8088 PC.  The new DOOM release brings back memories to when I had a copy before it was first released waaay back when.  (The benefits of working in a software duplication house with access to the golden masters.)  Everyone was wowed by it.  Then I remember buying a 386 PC specifically to meet the specs of the latest Ultima release.

Always loved board games, my daughter and I played a couple rounds of Life this weekend.  

*peeks in his archives*

Yup, I've still got Legend of the Red Dragon in there.

LORD (Legend of the Red Dragon) is a multi-player battle game

°²° °²°       ³            created for Bulletin Board Systems (BBS).

±±±ßß±Ü ed    ³

²°²  ²°²      ³         (c) Copyright 1992-1995: Robinson Technologies

ÛÜÛ  ÛÜÛ      ³                      All rights reserved.

³

ÛßÛßßÛÜ       ³                 Written By: Seth Able Robinson

°²°  °²°      ³                Documentation By: Brandon Whitten

±±±  ±±±ragon ³

²°²  ²°²      ³                        Seth A. Robinson

ÛÜÛÜÜÛß       ³                            761 E St

³                     Independence, OR  97351

³

³                        The Darkside BBS

V3.55       ³                         (503) 838-6171

• Like 1

On 5/13/2016 at 5:12 AM, Astarial said:

I just added you!

On 5/14/2016 at 6:04 AM, Kuramia said:

I'll basically try any game where I have some character creation control, a good choice system, or 'oh god please let me stealth' modes.

And yes, I do pen and paper RPGs and board games!

Pretty much the same for me, character customisation and the ability to make story choices rank pretty high for me. Hence Baldur's Gate and Dragon Age also being on my list, along with Mass Effect, Quantic Dream games (Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy, Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls) and so on. :) I usually play games on easy-ish difficulty, as I'm more interested in the story and world building than the challenge. 

17 hours ago, Westwind said:

First PC game I had:  Rogue (ASCII 'graphics'), on an 8088 PC.  The new DOOM release brings back memories to when I had a copy before it was first released waaay back when.  (The benefits of working in a software duplication house with access to the golden masters.)  Everyone was wowed by it.

Rogue!! I played a lot of ADOM in junior high, another "Rogue-like" ASCII game like Nethack. DOOM was also very much a part of my youth, as were Duke Nukem, Worms, Civilization 2.. It's so cool that retro games are in fashion again. ^_^

My boardgames shelf:

D9C75909-413C-43ED-AD0A-DEB86B4DB692_zps

It's missing Mansions of Madness and Eldritch Horror (jointly owned with a friend), an older edition of Trivial Pursuit (at my parents') and 7 Wonders (forgot it at a friend's place). :lol:

• Like 1

On 5/16/2016 at 3:25 PM, Westwind said:

I was a SysOp of my own BBS before the internet, Spectrum West BBS (Seattle area). The two most popular games were Tradewars and Legend of the Red Dragon. When the internet came along, two other SysOps and I were discussing becoming Internet Providers.  We'd estimated it'd take $20k to start.  Instead ended up loosely working with local independent provider Eskimo North. My nick on Eskimo was Elias, and elsewhere became Olias or Nemesis.  I still have my BBS files archived.

*bounces* My dad's boss - now his wife - owned Kitty City BBS in Scioto County, Ohio (redneck-ville). I mostly played Red Dragon and a Lemonade Stand game. Red Dragon was one of my first rpg's where I felt I got make choices. I even got married...and found out I'd married someone at my own High School. Whoops!

Dad's boss/wife and himself ended up working for internet in their area too, along with their computer repair store. All of that still remains too, but smaller businesses can do better in smaller towns. :P Especially in places where people who are nerds and geeks are rare!

I was working at a software duplication company at the time, we did alot of work for Microsoft, Aldus (original company for Pagemaker, Photoshop, etc), 3G Graphics, others.  I designed diskette labels and was a duplication supervisor. (I wrote the little basic program that printed the barcodes Microsoft put on all their packaging). Then moved to quality assurance, had to follow the 'Microsoft Bible', which was longer than the Bible, for their specifications.  Then worked at Microsoft for a time.  After than, I was doing website design and graphics.  But all that was long ago, heh.  Started a tech company here in Montana with a couple partners in '08, and then the economy collapsed so it didn't have a chance to get established.  Of course, one of the partners being a lying BS artist didn't help.  Another small software company I tried back in the early '90's was MAJI Enterprises, (MA= first two letters of my wife's name, JI=first two letters of my name).

More on topic, by the mid to late 90's I was getting into Magic The Gathering.  There was a Wizards of the Coast store in the mall across the street from our apartment complex at the time.  I remember the loooong lines when Pokemon was released.  All the way down the mall and around and back again, then out the main door and down the sidewalk halfway down the mall.  Insane.

15 hours ago, Westwind said:

More on topic, by the mid to late 90's I was getting into Magic The Gathering.  There was a Wizards of the Coast store in the mall across the street from our apartment complex at the time.  I remember the loooong lines when Pokemon was released.  All the way down the mall and around and back again, then out the main door and down the sidewalk halfway down the mall.  Insane.

I remember getting into Pokemon CCG when it debuted, then moving on to MtG. Still play, occasionally, on my all white -deck. Horseman flankers, supporting angels and Protection from .. Fun times. :lol:

I've always wanted to play Magic: the Gathering but, the decks are so expensive over here and I don't have friends to play it with sadly QAQ

I wasn't crazy about pokemon, neither played, I do tho, have a couple cards of my favorite Pokemon somewhere at my parents house XD

What I did play was a Ben 10 Card game that had an album with it, I always beat my siblings at that game! Good times :33

I had a Yugioh deck at some point too, I remember dad made me get a 10 out of 10 at Math for it~

Do that with your kids, it works XD

Edited by Yakitzland
  • Like 1