Sign in to follow this  
Isaris

[Abandoned] Repeal "Liberate Christmas"

The Security Council,

NOTING that the region of [region]Christmas[/region] was invaded by forces of [region]The Invaders[/region] during the first week of October 2016, taking advantage of the region's forcibly open border;

FURTHER NOTING that the forces of [region]Equilism[/region] entered the region on October 16th, 2016 to restore the native Delegate to power after invading forces had abandoned their own target;

RECOGNIZING that the restored Delegate was then able to remove the vandalism committed to the region's World Factbook Entry, as well as eject and ban remaining invaders from the region;

ALARMED that the region was then subject to another invasion attempt by forces of The Invaders on October 27th, 2016, which was repelled by the native Delegate with the assistance of the forces of Equilism and forces of [region]The guard[/region];

DISTURBED that the Security Council-imposed restriction to the native Delegate's executive power to impose a password is now a security threat to the region a liberation effort sought to defend in times past;

ARGUING that for the protection of Christmas, a region many treasure due to its name, this restriction must be struck down;

HEREBY repeals Security Council Resolution #95, "Liberate Christmas".

I've kept the [region] bbCode thing in since I want that in the in-game resolution if I can get that far.

I'd especially like your thoughts, @Westwind as both the leader of the E-Army in this mission and the native Delegate mentioned in my draft.

I've cited The guard as the source of our assistance after looking at some of the movements of the nations that assisted you. I don't know anything about the region but I'm guessing I should probably reach out before including them in anything I present officially.

I think this would be a very good idea given the circumstance of the region in question. However, would it piss off The Invaders? :\

Edited by Isaris
abandoned

It is my understanding that the current Liberated status keeps invaders from imposing their own password and locking down the Region. Sure it can get a little messy from time to time when the raidists visit, but they don't last.

Ho, ho, ho, ho, ho!

Well now, Christmas does not want it's Liberation repealed.  Christmas natives are a mix of raider puppets, defender puppets, RP puppets, and neutrals.  Once upon a time, after the Founder had CTE'd, raiders (including Cormac BTW), intended to take and hold Christmas for their own, eventually refounding it as a raider region.  Similarly, in response, defenders intended to take the region from the raiders, and refound it themselves for their own purposes.

The Liberation resolves this conflict, prevents either faction from taking over the region, makes it a home for all sorts of NS types, and essentially made it a player created warzone.  We are fine with that, as the alternative is much worse.

Given the mix of player types in the region, many of these are active players with their WA elsewhere, thus there are usually no native WA nations in the region.  So removing the Liberation would make it an easy target to raid, password, and eventually clean out and refound.

• Like 3

Oh, okay! Well, I won't submit it then. I know better than to try to argue for a liberation the people in the region don't want. :P

It comes up periodically in the SC.  Someone puts up a repeal and generally gets the same response.  The SC won't go against the native wishes.....so far. ;)