Sign in to follow this  
Westwind

Forum location

I've had in mind that this forum should be moved into a less buried location, but I am interested in your input. If we get a new mission going before the end of the year, it might be best to move it to a root position for visibility and ease of access. Otherwise, I don't think we want to leave it here in a convention that has passed (AFAIK), and should be moved back somewhere in RP.

So, should it be moved? If so, where do you feel is best?

Before the convention we had it located at a top level of what is now the Leisure District. We might relocate the forum back there to gain more attention. 

I like the idea of the ST:EQ E-bar as a sort of free roaming ability for people who are interested in playing :)

I concur that we should move it back to the Roleplay area.

The Convention is over and can be archived. Unfortunately, there hasn't been success in revitalizing the UFoP community.

Hmmmm.

Okay, tell ya what.  I've moved it as a root in the Leisure District for now. If it doesn't pick up activity, we'll move it back under RP.

UFoP Convention archived, possible government forums moved to Embassies.

On 9/17/2017 at 2:48 AM, Tarlisea said:

I like the idea of the ST:EQ E-bar as a sort of free roaming ability for people who are interested in playing :)

*nods* Might serve as an 'ice breaker' place to chat, as well as an 'off duty' place for characters to interact.

Does it make that much difference where the forum is? Seriously asking. And I agree, Roleplay seems like a fitting place.

Well, it can make a difference in generating interest. Think of it as marketing, product placement if you will. ;)  If someone might be interested, but doesn't see it, then we haven't properly served our new members/visitors or our existing community. (This forum was buried three levels deep before I moved it here, but that was appropriate at the time as it was part of the Star Trek Festival we were hosting)

If there is enough activity to validate it, it's also helpful to place the forum in a convenient place for those actively making use of it.  Over the years, the forum periodically get reshuffled to the preferences and needs of the current forum community.

Admin tries to be responsive to the needs of the community, although we do maintain some overall framework within which we try to stay. (For example, we limit the number of categories, and try to limit the number of root forums in each category. This helps to prevent from overwhelming a new member or visitor from another region, as well as limit the amount of scrolling an active member needs to perform while viewing the forum.)