Leo Drakan

Equilism Symbols Act (2017)

Equilism Symbols Act (2017)
An act to establish the official symbols of the region

Article 1: Flag of Equilism

(1) The flag of Equilism will be the following: Flag of Equilism

Article 2: Crest of Equilism

(1) The Crest of Equilism will be the following: Crest of Equilism

I feel it is about time to establish the iconic Equilism Compass into law as the official Flag and Crest of the Township. 

The Equilism Compass is a well-known symbol in the community and should be used to represent our region. What are your opinions on this?

While I don't have a better solution, I am not a fan of either of these...

Perhaps if this proposal were expanded to incorporate other, older symbols of Equilism, it might get better reception. 

If we are looking at considering a change in our flag, I would rather we had a vote among multiple choices. That is how the current flag was chosen. (Personally, I've never been fond of our flag, so consideration of a change wouldn't hurt my feelings :P )

As for the crest idea, this was our Coat-of-Arms:

ggLKSm4.png'

The gold 'globe' is indicative of the original globe representation established by First Prime Minister/First Military Minister/First Admin Tomika in 2004, as is still used in the banners at the top of forums. The blue field is representative of original Equilism color. The crown represents the Foundership (a touch of Crimson could be said to be for the Crimson Order, of which all Founders, save Equility, have been a part). 

The Compass motif was originally used by former Founder, Emeritus Rex Chaucerin's Confederation of Equilism.  Which continues the global geographic theme, welcoming nations of all types, from all places.

8T3IbI6.jpg

As there has been no further progress on this issue in nearly three months. The discussion is tabled.