This is the Office of the Dean of Equilism University. All University related discussion is welcome, the administration will do its best to accomodate all requests.

University Dean Portrait Gallery

Dean Simpistan, 2008
Dean Monkye, 2009-2011
Dean Kubrikistan, 2012-2013(?)

Dean Kinzvlle-2014-

Above text by Kubrikistan, original post by Simpistan below.

***THE FOLLOWING IS ARCHIVED AS THE FIRST POSTING OF THIS THREAD***

*Dean Simpistan sits behind his big desk typing away on his computer waiting for students or other visitors to stop in and have a chat*

If there's something you would like to discuss this would be an excellent place for that discussion to take place. BSwwBvb.png

I requested information from our Foreign Affairs department but have yet to receive a response. I'll poke the chancellor again and try to help you out.

<--- not the Chancellor, but responds anyway

We've been in the middle of elections; sorry for the delay. :)

The legislation governing the program in question is located here:

http://www.equilism.org/forum/index.php?sh...mp;#entry224022

We have no precedent for adding new regions, but I assume an official declaration of TWP's intent to join would be followed by contacting each of the regions involved to check for approval. We'll need to work out whose responsibility that is, and possibly update the legislation to reflect that process. I'll be mostly gone for another week or two, but I can work on it once I get back, unless you or anyone else here would like to draw up a draft. :)

In the mean time unless the dean has a problem with it. TC can simply posts the links to Equilism's university in TWP.

I have no problem with that. Sorry for the silence, I've been gone on break with an unexpected lack of internet.

*Dusts off everything.*

Ok. So I'm in charge here now...

My agenda as Dean will be to encourage increased use of the University, and to update and maintain our courses, especially the Equilism History Course, and the Nationstates History Course. I like history of course >_>

Please feel free to leave a message here or in my inbox if you have any questions, or perhaps ideas for other courses we could introduce.

Thank you for your time.

Monk

Dean of the University of Equilism

Dean Monk, would you allow me to teach a Texas History class? I love bestowing knowledge on other people, and would be most indebted to you if you were to grant me a teaching spot. :merci:

Certainly you can do that Zan. I wouldn't want to mess with a Texan. :P

Sure. Though maybe you could write up a thread with the information, and then people could sign up, read that, and ask you questions. By writing down answers and the such, it ensures that the course lasts forever, not just while you're on here (Though that may also be forever too, I don't know yet. :P)

An armada of hired cleaners apper, dust the office, gingerly pack the preceding Dean's office supplies away and lay out Kubrikistan's paraphernalia. The office takes the appearance of a modern, efficient and open academic study, with tasteful furniture and busts of philosophers side-by-side with movie posters and mathematical formulae. The Dean sits behind his varnished black wood desk and looks ready for business.

As before, this thread is for any and all University affairs, questions and discussions. No need to post in-character or roleplay in any way, I just like it. :P

I've updated the first post to reflect the changes in University administration.

Consul-elect Zeorus walks in. He is dressed professionally but conservatively in a black suit and his rather long hair is slicked back. He sits down across from Dean Kubrikistan and pulls a horehound lozenge from his pocket. He puts in his mouth and addresses the Dean.

"Looking for teachers, then?"

One of the newest students pokes his head into the deans rather fancy office wondering if this is the right place, while admiring some of the busts and posters.

I believe this is the right place to put it. In the curriculum thread, you mentioned, advertising the courses a little and putting out some notices. Well I and my bashful puppy spirit come to you with a suggestion, or more a idea of sorts. Now you may know that I have taken a interest in trying to get some slight activity going back in the EBC. My suggestion, is that you could mayhaps, make a thread advertising the courses and the university, over in the EBC? Or even create some kind of University news feed type of thread there.

This could bring some extra activity to both branches of the forum. Just a suggestion, hope you consider it.

The Dean startles out of the stasis that had permeated the office since Zeorus's entrance, and addresses both visitors to the office.

My apologies, these sort of time freezes are unfortunate side effects of our Temporal Mechanics department. Zeorus, you are always welcome to the teaching staff.

Kinzville, your suggestion is both welcome and innovative. A University news feed of some sort is a most splendid idea, I will immediately move forward with this. :sunny: Well, when I say immediately, I mean tomorrow, since I need to sleep after this half-a-year-long stasis. ;)

The Dean startles out of the stasis that had permeated the office since Zeorus's entrance, and addresses both visitors to the office.

My apologies, these sort of time freezes are unfortunate side effects of our Temporal Mechanics department. Zeorus, you are always welcome to the teaching staff.

Kinzville, your suggestion is both welcome and innovative. A University news feed of some sort is a most splendid idea, I will immediately move forward with this. :sunny: Well, when I say immediately, I mean tomorrow, since I need to sleep after this half-a-year-long stasis. ;)

What are you saying about my presence, Dean K? :P

Can`t wait for it good Dean. Oh and you wouldn't`t mind f I gave the university some free press myself would you?

What are you saying about my presence, Dean K? :P

Oh, nothing. It happens to the best of us. ;)

Oh and you wouldn't`t mind f I gave the university some free press myself would you?

Say no to something free? Never. :lol: Be my guest.