koona

Sample Telegrams

I whould like to ask every member who wnats to participate in Immigration, to post their own personal TG, which from now on will be mandatory for every recruiter, military personel and TGs, too. (Yes that means you).

I whould suggest to everybody to write these TGs as personal as thay can, they experience with NS, what drove them above the daily issdues and what can a region and it's comunity offer.

Edited by Nooterland

I fully support this measure and feel that whoever brought it up ought to be presented with countless, shiny medals. biggrin.gif

I do believe that way you. But please don't reply, I whould like to keep this thread as clean as possible, for future refference.

Telegram 1: For Newly Founded Nations

Hi and welcome to the game of NationStates!

You’re probably getting a whole bunch of other recruitment telegrams right now, but I would like to invite you to the region of “Equilismâ€.

Equilism offers:

- Friendly and active players

- A forum with its own currency, store and arcade with over 80 games

- Help for newbies, including a Mentor Program with your own Mentor to learn about the game and the region (sign-up for this takes place on the forum)

- A regional democracy with voting on a variety of subjects

- Debates

- Role-playing

- Opportunities for you to join the government (if you want)

- And more!

If you’d like to join Equilism, follow the following steps:

- Click on “The World†on the left-hand toolbar

- Type in “Equilism†in the Find Region box at the bottom of the page

- Click on the link at the top that says “Move (your nation) to Equilism today!â€

The Equilism forums can be found at www.equilism.org/forum, check it out! If do join the region, please sign-up as most of Equilism's activity takes place on our forums!

If you have any questions, feel free to reply, or telegram Tycholand or FarmerLaborers for more information on Equilism.

With kind regards,

YOUR NATION NAME

or

Greetings from the region Equilism!

As you may know, there is a lot more to NationStates than voting on issues. One of the most rewarding things about the game is the opportunity to join a region – a group of players (and their nations) that talk, debate, play games, role-play, and generally enjoy participating in an online community.

I would like to invite you to join our region. Equilism has an ever-changing number of nations, ranging from 150 to 200, and is open to any type of nation. We are widely known for our activity, lively debates and organization. We are always looking for nations interested in participating in our beautiful, democratic region – there's always a lot going on!

All we ask is that you accept the basic ideals of freedom, peace, democracy and cooperation. If you join, you are in no way obligated to be active within the region, but many opportunities exist.

If you'd like to move your nation to Equilism, just follow these steps:

- Click on "The World" on the left-hand toolbar

- Type in "Equilism" in the Find Region box at the bottom of the page

- Click on the link at the top that says "Move (your country) to Equilism"

I know you're probably getting other invitations, so I encourage you to send me a telegram back if you have any questions at all. I'd be happy to help you.

Sincerely,

YOUR NATION NAME

P.S. You can check out our website and forum at www.equilism.org and www.equilism.org/forum. A lot goes on there, so make sure to check it out. It’s constantly changing and even has its own arcade and store.

Telegram 2: For Established Nations

Greetings from the region of Equilism!

Equilism is a fun, active and democratic region with debates, votings, its own currency and store, role-playing possibilities, friendly and active players and more!

I invite you to join my wonderful region! Experienced players are always welcome in Equilism. Even if you are just new, you can still participate in the government.

If you have any questions, feel free to send a reply or telegram Tycholand or FarmerLaborers for more information about joining Equilism.

Sincerely,

YOUR NATION NAME

or

Greetings from the region Equilism!

I'm always on the lookout for nations that I feel would add greatly to the open, vibrant, democratic environment we have created in the region of Equilism. I thought I'd take a moment to invite you to take a look at our region.

Equilism, a region with an ever-changing number of nations, ranging from 150 to 200, welcomes all peaceful nations with open arms, regardless of nation type or ideology. The active, democratic Equilism government takes the opinion of every member nation into account, and our UN Delegate votes based on the results of a poll of members. The government offers many opportunities for those who wish to get involved in leadership positions.

In Equilism we strive to add many different facets of fun to our NationStates experience. Our busy forums offer everything from political debate and discussion to role-playing and arcade games. We've built up a strong national defense force to defend our borders and our allies, and are always accepting and training interested recruits for the highly respected and effective E-Army.

I'm truly happy with our home, and I think Equilism would be a wise choice for you: we are all growing nations, diverse in our outlooks, but we are also all nations that believe diversity is a blessing, not a hindrance. To see this for yourself, please visit our website at www.equilism.org and our forums located there.

If you're happy where you are, I wish you only the best. However, since I've noticed your country and written to you, I would hope to commence at the least a future friendship between our nations.

Please send me a telegram back if you have any questions or comments. Whatever you decide, members of Equilism wish you the best in the years to come, as your nation grows, thrives, and prospers.

Sincerely,

YOUR NATION NAME

Edited by Tse Moana

So, there's been some discussion about possibly revising the recruitment TMs to include a bit more about the E-army. Are there any other suggestions while we're at it to make it more attractive or something for people? We could really use all the new members we can get. Maybe we should add some emphasis in actually joining the forums?

Discuss.

Maybe edit FL out of the standard recruiting TM's? He isn't the Interior Minister any more. ;)

And what happened to the Arcade?

Yeah, will the arcade be restored any time soon?

And seeing as to how a lot of people don't actually register on the forums, I was thinking maybe we could revise the letter somehow to encourage them to join the forums more. The question is, what exactly do we say?

Maybe send every newcomer who arrives in Equilism a TM leading them to the forum?

Include more details about the forum and how fun it is and what can be found on there?

Edited by Tycholand

I don't think the arcade is coming back. Last heard, that was the vulnerability that allowed the virus that crashed our forum back in June to get in.

I also think maybe a recurring telegram can help. Just, maybe every three months or so, after elections have concluded, send out a mass telegram announcing the results of the election, some of the things that happened during the previous term and containing an explicit invitation to join the the forum (obviously including a line saying that if they're already on here, they should disregard the invitation).

:cheshire:

We should also be sending a tm to every new nation that comes to the region. Once we get them here, we need to follow up on that, to get them interested in joining the forum by welcoming them to the region.

The threat via the arcade was unclear. There were some threads about this sort of attack coming through the arcade, but it wasn't clear whether or not the venerability was real or if it had been resolved. So I'm not sure if the arcade was attacked or was used to create a backdoor after the forum attack for later access once the forum attack had been cleaned and patched. There were 2 or 3 new files added to each of the arcade's folders by the attack.

I had been thinking of bringing it back online. And of starting it was the scores all cleared to give everyone a fresh start.

If I may...

When I was here a while ago (long time), we had 2 people who's job it was to welcome every nation and send invites to them telling them about the forum, and answering questions. Is this still happening? It worked wonders when we did it.

Well, now that we know what is needed, lets find people to do it!!

Any suggestions? Volenteers? come on, I know your out there!!!

I had this post before.

Besides, I don't want to spread myself to thin to quickly. I made that mistake once. ^_^

Well, now that we know what is needed, lets find people to do it!!

Any suggestions? Volenteers? come on, I know your out there!!!

i'll do it if u want.

Geeeeeeesh

Make a guy feel guilty and all why don't yous...

FINE, I'll help. But remember, I want a raise on my paycheck! :P

Hello and on the beharf of equilism welcome to the region.

Firstly I would like to say thank you for chosing our region and I am sure that you will not regret your desion.

I would also like to say that we may seem a quite region on the region chat provided by nation states. This is because nealy all of our regional desutions, debates and games are on our forum (www.equilism.org/forum) and I will highly encourage you to join.

On the fourm your will also be able to

-vote on un reserlotions

-take part in roleplays

- join the government

-join our mentor program

-apiliy for the EGA (equilism gerneral asemberly) where you can vote on the way equilism is run

- and take part in a very friendly online international community

you will also have the opertunity to join the e-army. This the regions army and is a widely know defender region within nation states

However you can just play the game. It is your chose. What ever you chose I would like to welcome you to equilism

wagger-tribe

i was bord for about 1/2 hour and randomly writ this as a wellcome message...what dose evryone think?

edit: thanks tarricoe eddited

Edited by wagger-tribe

I like it.

I'd also suggest to people not to use a copy and paste version of this. It seems canned and un personalized. In the welcome message you should ask questions so they have some reason to respond. Think of it as a sale pitch. Some of the new players have no idea why they should join the off site forum. You need to convey that to them to spark an interest. When thinking of what your going to send, ask yourself, "If I recieved that, would I join?". If you answered yes, go for it. Otherwise review it and see where you can make slight changes.

Just my 2 cents.