Sign in to follow this  
Westwind

Uniform Role Playing Currency

Why cannot we just use our initiave? I come from Australia (We use neither the USD or the Euro) and reason

that people wo don't use either would feel alienated. As well as the amount of frustration generated by using the alternate grounding.

For example; I want to buy a toothbrush. This costs 1 :equiliant:. I also wish to buy a car. A car is worth more than a toothbrush, so it given a value of around 10,000 :equiliant:s (Depending on the model)

And just because there hasn't been a post in three months...

I'd like to point out that an amendment to the old currency law has already been passed a while ago and in that amendment 1 :equiliant: has been made equal to 1$ so to restart the discussion is kind of pointless. And even so, most people who sell stuff, either in the store or in main street set their prices themselves anyway without adhering too much to actual dollar price I think.

:cheshire:

Cant we just base it on the average inflation rates of each individual nation. For example Byzantica recently experienced a sharp rise in inflation to around 22%. If I wanted to buy a pencil sharpener for, say US$0.10, it would cost the equivalent of about 133,000 Hyperpryons. Couldnt this be worked out by using :equiliant: to $ ratios, meaning that if the :equiliant: was worth 1.2 to the $ then it would be around HY:1,596,000 to :equiliant:1.

Of course that is working on 1.2 equiliants to the dollar, and it depends on what the exchange rate would be.

And Tycho, Zimbabwe's inflation is running at around 1720% for the past year. Basically meaning that most employed people are reciving sums which are worthless. A tank of petrol, from the stations that have petrol, is a shade under ZW$2 million.

Out of curiosity, if I start a thread about trade between my nation and others, would it necessarily have to include the monetary discussion of the goods? That is, would equilants only matter if I set a specific price for importing an item (wine for example), and not matter if the other nation just decides to import X number of goods?