Tarlisea

Kemaris Station

TIME WARP

USS Equilism Mission 4 and Kemaris Station Mission 2 have ended prematurely. The time warp is 1 month and the USS Equilism has returned to Kemaris Station, where the crew is ordered to the Observation Lounge.

<FADM Jerry Taylor>

::Admiral Taylor was sitting at the head of the table in the Observation Lounge. In his front a pile of PADDs were on the table. Equilism's last episode wasn't a good one left alone to what happened on Kemaris Station. The Federation had been on the verge of a war in the Delta Quadrant, but due to the very good diplomatic mission the war was prevented.::

::Now Jerry awaited the arrival of the crew of the Equilism and other invited guests::

=/\= FADM Jerry Taylor =/\=

<Lt. Elar Nivo>

::Elar arrived at Kemaris Station a week ago and had followed some seminars. Now he was on his way to the Observation Lounge as per the Admiral's orders. He looked around in amazement to the hugeness of the station. He wondered how life would be on such a huge station in the unknown Delta Quadrant.::

::The turbolift halted on OPS and Elar exited. He proceeded on his way past several stations towards the Observation Lounge. After he entered his eyes caught sight of the Admiral::

FADM: Sir.

::He nodded to the Admiral and took a seat after the Admiral invited to do so::

<CNS Rix Albrun>

Rix stepped out of the turbolift and anxiously checked the time. Still ten minutes early.

Since the last ‘mission’ a month ago, he’d been spending time researching, catching-up on developments in his field of expertise and counseling the crew. Many crew members were now starting to get very bored, as they’d spent much time in Kemaris. Eventually, the station becomes a form of confinement, no matter how big it is.

His thoughts drifted to the last ‘mission’. Rix wondered how the investigation into the hijacking of the Equilism had proceeded and if the Admiral had a new assignment.

he doors to the Observation Lounge swooshed open and Rix entered. He saw Admiral Taylor sitting at the head of the table and someone else whom he didn’t know. Rix stood to attention.

=/\= CNS Rix Albrun =/\=

<FADM Jerry Taylor>

::Jerry noticed a familiar face enter the Observation Lounge which immediately stood to attention::

CNS: Ensign, you don't have to stand to attention every time you enter the Observation Lounge when I'm here. Although I appreciate it you do that when you encounter me somewhere else than in OPS of this station. At ease.

::He smiled and gestured the ensign to a chair::

<Lt. Elar Nivo>

::Elar noticed the arrival of a young Ensign and watched things unfold. He couldn't help putting a little smile on his face after the Admiral's remark. It reminded him of the time when he was just graduated and got his first assignment. Some parts of the young Ensign's behaviour seemed quite familiar to him.::

<USS Equilism CO Lodo Ashe>

:: In the universe, there were probably a lot of bad moods going on right now. Lodo Ashe was fairly certain that he had the worst mood currently in existence.

:: Since taking command of his ship, Ashe had successfully performed a minor rescue mission and the rest of his time had been spent not commanding his ship in anything approaching a useful enterprise. Equilism had been snapped up by sub space whirlpool and nearly melted to slag and then after a month of repairs, the ship was stolen and Ashe got to sit on his hands for six weeks while the diplomats slapped the incident back down to size.

:: The theft of his ship made him so angry that it made his beard hurt - how in the name of Grinn's Freckled Backside does someone steal a Sovereign-class starship? How does the United Federation of Planets let that happen?

:: Then, as if the pain behind his eyes was not already bad enough, the personnel reports came in. Caden was being taken away for training at command school which was probably a good idea but would take away the only officer on the entire roster with any degree of experience. No one had been able to tell him if and when Schofield was coming back and there was still no replacement for Caden’s first job a Chief Medical Officer.

:: As it stood right now, Ashe was not satisfied with any of his senior staff positions, save for his Counselor. This was ironic as Ashe had generally found Counselors to be about as useful as claws on a tribble.

:: The big doors on the main Ops deck of the station opened. Ashe tried to take the thunder from his eyes as he greeted his superior officer – none of this was Taylor’s fault, after all. He did a quick half-step to attention.

FADM: Admiral.

:: Ashe paused at attention and then took his seat opposite the Admiral. Chief Nimbus, behind him this whole time, stood at Ashe’s right shoulder.

=/\= USS Equilism CO Captain Lodo Ashe =/\=

<CDO Lindri Eda>

:: Eda put down a handful of PADDs with a sigh and rubbed her forehead; since returning from her mission on the USS Equilism, she'd been busy in one of the Kemaris Station science labs straightening out the data entry error from the mission before. She'd taken the final batch of notes back to her quarters, where she had been comparing eight sets of files side by side for most of the morning, shuffling each PADD around on the table in an attempt to make sense of the disparities. She picked up a small cup of red leaf tea and took a sip, then frowned; it had gone cold. Eda checked the time, then set down her teacup abruptly and headed for the door.

:: She made it to the Observation Lounge with a few minutes to spare. Entering, she noticed the Admiral sitting at the table with two younger officers, one of whom she recognized from her time aboard Equilism. She nodded at Admiral Taylor and smiled at Counselor Albrun.

FADM: Good afternoon, sir.

:: Eda took a seat at the table and waited for the others to arrive.

=/\= CDO Lindri Eda =/\=

<2O/FCO Jethro Schofield>

::Schofield straightened his uniform again as he stopped outside the Observation Lounge, and took a few deep breaths to steady himself before entering.::

::If nothing else, his untimely and drawn-out absence from duty had been, as it often is for military personnel, mentally debilatating. There is often a sense of failure in leaving one's crew, for whatever reason. Jethro felt terrible, even embarrassed, to have missed so much of the Equilism's adventures. There was a deep resentment in his eyes: for the service he had missed, for the ship he had failed to protect, for the Captain he had let down with his absence; but he knew that the only way to cure such harboured feelings was to get back to work.::

::He stepped into the Lounge, raising his eyes to see several officers already seated and waiting. Some of the faces weren't familiar to him. Spotting the Admiral, and opposite him, the Captain, he moved to a position where he could recognise Taylor properly. Try as he might, he could not muster the same sense of drive he normally found in his drill. He came to attention, noticing the pile of PADDs to the Admiral's front.::

FADM: Sir. I would bid you good morning, but any high pressure systems in here obviously aren't helping.

::Jethro then turned to face Captain Ashe, remaining at attention.::

CO: Captain. I'm back.

::Without further lingerance, he sat down and mused quietly. His eyes burned into the table...::

=/\= 2O/FCO Jethro Schofield =/\=

Edited by Flexion

<USS Equilism CO Lodo Ashe>

:: Ashe drummed his fingers and watched the door as Commander Eda came in. She greeted the Admiral and then proceeded to ignore Ashe entirely. Despite his epic sense of grumpiness, Ashe elected to see that as an unintentional oversight.

:: It was with mild surprise that Ashe took note of Lieutenant Schofield. He was a welcome sight. Despite his youth, Schofield was an old-school officer and Ashe identified strongly with that.

<FCO>CO: Captain. I'm back.

:: Schofield sat down with an unusual absence of social grace. Ashe stands to face the young Lieutenant and extends his hand.

FCO: You were gone?

NPC CPO Nimbus:Tom, who the hell’s been flying the ship?

<NPC CPO Nimbus>CO: A potted plant, Captain. A barrel cactus, I believe.

FCO: Sorry, Jethro – the cactus is good. Really good. Welcome back, Lieutenant.

:: Takes his seat.

<CEO Dave McGrath>

::Dave entered the Observation Lounge at a slow pace. His first mission on Equilism was both confusing and by now a bit blurry, and he wasn't happy with that. He also wasn't happy with his performance. He knew he should have been able to stop that ship, but he just couldn't think quick enough. He knew he needed to up his game.::

::Dave nodded to the Admiral, and then his Captain::

FADM & CO: Admiral, Captain.

:: He gave a quick nod across to his fellow officers, including the diplomatic officer who had been helping on the Equilism, and a new lieutenant he didn't recognise. Sitting down quickly, Dave began to look about, absent mindedly.::

=/\= CEO Dave McGrath =/\=

<FADM Jerry Taylor>

::Jerry had nodded to all when they arrived at the Observation Lounge. Now it was time to start as everyone who was needed here was present. He sat upright and looked to everyone. Then he took one of the PADDs::

All: I hope you have used the time here to get some rest after last mission. I've invited you here for some things that need to be arranged before you can continue. You may have noticed not everyone you've expected to be here are present. I have to inform you that Lieutenant Caden and Ensign Tarig have been transferred to respectively Starfleet Academy Command School and the USS Gatesville.

::He silenced for a few moments. It wasn't quite common for two senior officers to leave the staff at the same time.::

All: But I know you can manage it.

::Then he took his second PADD::

CDO/CO: Commander Eda and Captain Ashe, would you please come over here?

::Waits for Eda and Ashe to stand right next to him::

CDO/CO: Commander, you did well as Chief Diplomatic Officer on the last mission. Captain, you did as well. Your reports went up to the highest level of Starfleet Command in preventing a war in the Delta Quadrant. Our presence here is new and while building this station we apparently were infiltrated resulting in the hijacking of the Equilism. Captain, you've retaken the Equilism and with the help of Commander Eda you both have done all the diplomatic talking. Starfleet Command is now working alongside the inhabitants of the planet to restore whatever material damage has been done. I'm pleased to award you both the Starfleet Command Letter of Commendation for Outstanding Performance of Duties Under Extreme Conditions.

::Hands over both cases with the award to Captain Ashe and Commander Eda and extends his hand::

::Thinks: This was the first part, there's more I have to do::

<CDO Lindri Eda>

:: Eda, tired from lack of sleep and ruffled about almost missing the meeting, had completely missed seeing Captain Ashe sitting opposite of the Admiral when she entered. The surprise had registered on her face when Schofield had addressed the captain. Eda half-turned to look for him, with a nod of recognition and an apologetic smile.

:: Now, as she and the captain walked up together to stand before the Admiral, Eda reflected on the events that had transpired since she had been sent to help in the negotiations with Km'rell and his people. Ashe's decisive leadership and his lifetimes of experience had stood them in good stead throughout the talks, and Eda thought, not for the first time, that she would miss being posted on the Equilism.

<FADM>CDO/CO: ...I'm pleased to award you both the Starfleet Command Letter of Commendation for Outstanding Performance of Duties Under Extreme Conditions.

:: Eda accepted the case with her Letter of Commendation. Tucking it carefully in the crook of her arm, she stood quietly and waited for Ashe to take the Admiral's hand before doing so herself.

FADM: Thank you, sir.

=/\= CDO Lindri Eda =/\=

<CO Lodo Ashe>

:: Ashe took the Admiral’s hand and shook it upon receipt of his award.

FADM: Thank you, sir.

CDO: Congratulations, Commander

:: Ashe was not big on medals, particularly since most of those he’d earned had been the result of someone dying. This medal felt hollow – Ashe had seen himself dragged along by circumstance – he’s accomplished nothing. Eda deserved this, she’d been exceptional. After reclaiming the ship, Ashe had been her valet.

:: Don’t turn wine into vinegar, he reminded himself, it was an old Trill saying that seemed to apply.

FADM: If I might, sir, I do have an item to present.

:: The Admiral nodded quickly.

CNS: Mister Albrun, front and center.

<Cadet Lirael Brunelle>

::A tired, slightly ragged looking Lirael steps out, a little late for the proceedings, straight after a long journey from the training facility. She had not expected to be posted so soon, before even earning a real rank, let alone to the Equilism, of which there were a myriad of stories back at the training facility. ::

::Stands at attention near to the door, feeling a little awkward and out of place, awaiting instruction.::

=/\= Cadet Lirael Brunelle=/\=

<FADM Jerry Taylor>

::Jerry had been informed by Commander Miller his next guest would be a little late. Actually, Jerry pulled her from her training to get to this meeting. Now he heard the doors and noticed the female cadet. He nodded to her and gestured her to take a seat somewhere::

<Cadet Lirael Brunelle>

::Cadet Brunelle notices the FADM ::

FADM: Thank you sir

:: Cadet Brunelle makes her way to the tables, sitting next to Rix Albrun::

=/\= Cadet Lirael Brunelle=/\=

<2O/FCO Jethro Schofield>

<FCO>CO: Captain. I'm back.

::As Schofield sat down, Ashe stood to face him, extending his hand.

<CO>FCO: You were gone?

<CO>NPC CPO Nimbus: Tom, who the hell's been flying the ship?

<NPC CPO Nimbus>CO: A potted plant, Captain. A barrel cactus, I believe.

<CO>FCO: Sorry, Jethro - the cactus is good. Really good. Welcome back, Lieutenant.

::Jethro was a put a little off balance, but took the comments lightly and shook hands with the Captain, smiling. The Captain took his seat, and the meeting continued.::

::Jethro listened, pleasantly now, as the Admiral proceeded to award LtCmdr Eda and Captain Ashe Letters of Commendation for their efforts in the Equilism's epic last mission. A pang of shame at missing the mission stung briefly, then subsided. He realised that these valourous superiors would be with him on their next mysterious journey, regardless of his previous dalliance. He applauded politely as they collected their awards; then went back to waiting patiently as the Admiral called upon the Counsellor.::

=/\= 2O/FCO Jethro Schofield =/\=

Edited by Flexion

<CNS Rix Albrun>

Rix had grinned foolishly and tried not to turn red at the Admiral’s words.

Rix had greeted the fellow officers as they trickled into the Observation Lounge. He was pleasantly surprised to see Jethro Schofield back on Kemaris, though he sensed the man was not in the most positive of moods. Neither was Captain Ashe, judging from his body language when he entered the Observation Lounge.

He’d smiled at Ashe and Eda as they received their awards from the Admiral. Then all of a sudden:

<CO>CNS: Mister Albrun, front and center.

Trying not to feel nervous, he performed the necessary steps and stood to attention an the front of the Observation Lounge.

CO: Sir!

=/\= CNS Rix Albrun =/\=

<CO Lodo Ashe>

CNS: Mister Albrun, for continued and consistent performance of your duties to the highest traditions of Starfleet, including a tremendous capacity to adapt to circumstances well beyond your assigned duties I hereby promote you to Lieutenant, junior grade. I also confer upon you all the privileges and responsibilities of that rank.

You have so far proved to be rare thing, Mister Albrun; a pleasant surprise. Congratulations and well done.

:: Ashe presents Albrun with the framed notation of promotion and a case with his new rank insignia.

FADM: That's all I have sir.

<FADM Jerry Taylor>

::It was with pleasure that Jerry saw the new Lieutenant Junior Grade shine. He had done a marvelous job on the last mission and surprisingly to the ensign back then, he took command of the bridge as a unexperienced officer. The Operations Lieutenant from the USS Aeon mentioned the explicit things that happened on the bridge of the Equilism when the prisoners broke free. Rix Albrun had to deal with lack of technical knowledge and the Lieutenant was pushing Albrun further to stand for his decisions.::

<CO> FADM: That's all I have sir.

::Jerry nodded::

CO: Thank you captain.

::He then turned around to Commander Eda, who already sat down at her chair again::

CDO: Commander Eda. Just a few minutes ago you were awarded with a Starfleet Command Letter of Commendation and I'm very proud. You've served on Kemaris Station for a short period before you were dispatched to the Equilism to prevent an upcoming war. You made it to Chief Diplomatic Officer in the Delta Quadrant, which is quite a position and now I feel regrets to let you go...

::The Admiral sighed a little before continuing::

CDO: Commander, as per your request I hereby grant you to transfer to the position of Chief Science Officer on the USS Equilism with all priviledges coming with that position. I wish you all the luck and experience you find on the Equilism with her fine crew.

<FADM Jerry Taylor>

::After giving Commander Eda a little time to 'recover' Jerry continued::

All: As you may have noticed there are two new faces here, Lieutenant Elar Nivo and Cadet Lirael Brunelle. These two people were called to this meeting by me.

Nivo: Lieutenant Nivo, as per my orders you are hereby transferred to Chief Operations Officer aboard the USS Equilism. Congratulations Lieutenant!

::Then Jerry turned to the cadet::

Brunelle: Cadet, possibly to your surprise Commander Miller put through my order to you to report to this meeting. It has happened before that a cadet served on a starship before and you will be among those few cadets who did. You are hereby transferred to Acting Chief Medical Officer on the USS Equilism. Pending your training you will be Chief Medical Officer as soon as you have successfully completed your training. Commander Miller will conduct further examinations by subspace communications. Congratulations Cadet!

<CO Lodo Ashe>

:: Lodo's mood was rapidly improving.

CSO: Commander, welcome to the Equilism - oficially. I'm looking forward to it.

:: Ashe turned to face his new acting CMO. Having been a doctor once, Ashe didn't care if she had previously been the ship's cook as long as she was a good physician.

aCMO: Cadet, welcome to the Equilism, I'm Lodo Ashe. If the Admiral has no further business for you right now, perhaps you should head over to the ship and settle in. We'll talk later.

FADM: Sir, if there's nothing else right now, I'd like to get the crew back on board. We need to run some readiness drills, I think.

<CNS Rix Albrun>

Rix had tried not to turn red as he was promoted to Lieutenant Junior Grade. He warmly shook Ashe’s hand as he received the new insignia and smartly walked back to his seat.

Rix wasn’t the type looking for any promotion, though it was nice to get, even after what had happened on the Bridge of the Equilism.

With interest, he followed the proceedings in the Observation Lounge as three new officers joined the crew. Unless he was mistaken, this only left the position of Chief Tactical Officer vacant.

=/\= CNS Rix Albrun =/\=

<CDO/CSO Lindri Eda>

<FADM>CDO: Commander, as per your request I hereby grant you to transfer to the position of Chief Science Officer on the USS Equilism with all priviledges coming with that position. I wish you all the luck and experience you find on the Equilism with her fine crew.

:: Eda discovered she was grinning widely - this could hardly be better news! She had enjoyed her time on Kemaris, but there was something about the excitement and camraderie of serving on a starship that no time on a station could ever match. She had hoped Taylor would understand, but had not expected this reassignment. For once finding herself speechless, she gave him a smile and nod of thanks.

<CO>CSO: Commander, welcome to the Equilism - officially. I'm looking forward to it.

CO: Thank you, sir; so am I.

=/\= CDO/CSO Lindri Eda =/\=